expat network
UK Self Assessment

Do I Need To Complete The UK Self Assessment?

If you are classed as self-employed or have a source of untaxed income, you will be required to complete a Self Assessment. However, this criteria is vague and many are left confused as to whether they actually need to file the tax return or not.  Written exclusively for Expat Network by Mike Parks of  GoSimpleTax...

tax return

Move From A Paper Tax Return To Online Submission

If you’re new to submitting Self Assessment tax returns, it pays to know that there are three ways of filing. Firstly, you can submit via the HMRC site and receive instant acknowledgement post-submission. You can also use commercial software to do this for you. Or, you can send a paper tax return to HMRC in...