Qatar Rail Tenders Long-distance Rail Project
Qatar Rail is inviting bids for project management of the first phase of a long-distance passenger and freight railway.
The scope of the work covers project and programme management, design management and construction services management.
The rail network will improve connections both within Qatar and to the rest of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, the UAE and Oman.
There will be five main lines:
- freight line from Mesaieed Port to Ras Laffan
- mixed passenger and freight line from Doha to Dukhan
- mixed passenger and freight line from Doha to Al Shamal.
- mixed passenger and freight line from Doha to Saudi Arabia
- high-speed passenger line from Doha to Bahrain
The network will be executed over four phases, with plans to initiate the enabling works this year and complete the final phase in 2030. Phase 1 includes construction of nearly 143km of railway track with a station, three freight yards, an intermodal yard, 59 bridges and 36 culverts.
Link and Source: The Construction Index