Habtoor Leighton Group wins Abu Dhabi contract
The Habtoor Leighton Group (HLG) has been awarded a contract with revenue of AED 263 million (AUD 96 million) for the construction in Abu Dhabi of Khalifa Industrial Zone (Kizad) Area A Secondary Infrastructure (Phase 1B) for Abu Dhabi Ports.
HLG, operating as Leighton Contracting Abu Dhabi LLC, will be responsible for the construction of the following infrastructure within a 52 sq.km. site:
- Road network (dual and single) and associated traffic signals, streetlights and signage
- Sewerage network and associated pumping stations
- Storm network and associated pumping stations
- Potable water network and associated fire hydrants
- Process water network
- Telecom network (containment only)
- LV and MV network and associated 11KV substations
The methodology will include extensive dewatering, excavation, pipe-laying and road construction works.
HLG has been involved in the construction of different phases of Khalifa Port and Kizad in Abu Dhabi and is very proud to again be selected by Abu Dhabi Ports to deliver this project.
HLG CEO and Managing Director, Mr. José A. López-Monís, said: This new award is a great achievement that proves the Group remains a preferred contractor for clients to whom HLG has demonstrated its ability to deliver complex and high quality projects. I congratulate all teams involved in securing this project with a key client such as Abu Dhabi Ports.”
The project will commence in July 2015 and is scheduled for completion in March 2017.
For more information, please visit : http://www.hlgroup.com