English Teacher with PGCE, QTS and six years Teaching Experience
Last Updated: 3rd December 2018 (over 4 years ago)
In my current position as a trainee at St Bartholomew’s School, I am teaching English Language and Literature. Differentiation is a carefully considered focal point of all my lesson planning and I practice critical reflection of teaching and learning on a daily basis. Alongside my practical training, I am extensively studying pedagogy for my PGCE and applying the knowledge and techniques to my teaching practice. I have participated in the school open evening; contributed to the curriculum; co-run an English Creative Writing, supervised theatre trips and represented the English faculty at parents evening.
In the years I taught English Language at Assumption College Sriracha, I predominantly taught students aged 11-16 years, however I also worked with a variety of other age groups from Year 1 upwards for extra-curricular lessons. I was actively involved in planning and running summer camps; attended school trips (day trips and overnight); contributed to running school fairs; and choreographed school plays.
In additional to a BA Hons Degree and a pending PGCE, I have a TEFL 80 Hour certificate and was trained and qualified as a Speaking Examiner with the University of Cambridge, ESOL Examinations - however this licence has not been renewed in the last two years. As International Schools enrol students from countries all over the world, with many speaking English as a second or third language, the experience and qualifications I have acquired as an ESL teacher would bring beneficial skills to a role as a Secondary English Teacher.
I have completed an TES 8 week English Subject Knowledge Enhancement course, Safeguarding Level 1 and a further subject knowledge course with the Princes Trust. I am continuously dedicated to developing my skills as a teacher, seeking new strategies to help create a positive and fun learning environment for my students and sourcing additional resources to enable me to do so. I see each of my students as individuals and endeavour to provide differentiation in my lesson plans to ensure each and every student is reaching their full potential. I have extensive experience operating the latest technology in interactive whiteboards and I am fully competent in incorporating these into lesson planning.
On a more personal note, teaching for me is more than just a job and I take great pride in being part of a school community – educating, safeguarding and being a role model for our future generations. I have a daughter who will be four years old next September and I am excited about obtaining us both a position within a reputable school in which we can be integrated and contribute to its’ success. Having spent six years living and working overseas with my husband, we are accustomed the political and cultural differences that we may face and therefore can ensure our entire family are educated and secure in our decision to immigrate.
PGCE School Direct Secondary English
Subject Knowledge Enhancement 8 Week
— Oct 2018
TEFL 80 Hour
— Jun 2009
BA Hons Tourism Management
— Jun 2005
• Lesson planning to include differentiation
• Sourcing new teaching materials
• Maintaining registers on SIMS
• Recording student's progress through regular assessment
• Safeguarding of all students
• Contributing to the school curriculum
• Co-running an English Creative writing club
• Supervising theatre trips
• Classroom Management
• Daily reflection on practice
— Mar 2016
• Sourcing a wide range of resources to enhance learning
• Maintaining excellent classroom management
• Safeguarding of students
• Recording student’s progress through regular assessment
• Creating and maintaining registers
• Preparing and proctoring exams
• Preparing teaching timetables
• Organizing staff meetings
• Assisting with the recruitment process and training new teachers
• Writing bi-yearly student reports
• Liaising with parents in regards to student’s progress
• Choreographing school plays
• Attending school trips (day and overnights)
• Running summer school programmes
• Participation in school fetes