Last Updated: 4th October 2020 (about 1 year ago)
Expertise in completing environmental investigations, developing scope of work & managing environmental contracts, developing & implementing environmental compliance programs, and collecting & analyzing field data.
Broad experience in developing & implementing strategies to improve environmental performance & ensuring legal compliance of projects.
NEBOSH International Certificate, Level 3
— Aug 2006
Bachelor of Engineering, Chemical
— Jun 1997
Environment & IMS Compliance Supervisor
— Jun 2020
• Developed & implemented environmental procedures in line with ISO 14001;
• Implemented a comprehensive Waste Management Plan and Waste Tracking System for construction and operation phases of project;
• Implementation & management of Air Quality Monitoring Stations (AQMS) Network;
• Oversaw compliance of Plant Source Air Emissions (PSAE) via real-time monitoring
of Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS);
• Mentored group of 35 HSE and junior environment engineers.
Environment Section Head
— Jul 2018
• Ensured compliance of ENI activities with ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001;
• Coordinated requirements for ESHIA studies covering all key activities (construction of new production/power generation facilities, upgrading of existing degassing stations, drilling activities, etc);
• Developed & implemented a comprehensive 5-year Environmental Action Plan to
upgrade existing facilities & carry out remediation work on contaminated land;
• Implementation of comprehensive environmental protection & monitoring programs:
• Soil bio-remediation contract, installation of AQMS & monitoring wells networks.
Lead Environment Supervisor
— Feb 2012
• Implemented & ensured compliance with ENI’s Environmental Management Procedures through development & implementation of “fit for purpose” environmental practices & guidelines;
• Coordinated & identified requirements & scope for environmental studies including ESHIA for ongoing projects (new well sites, pipelines, etc.);
• Focal point in the field to support site accreditation of ISO 14001 for onshore production facilities (successfully obtained in 2011);
• Mentoring of 20 expat and local HSSE staff on environmental matters.
Environment Coordinator / Deputy-HSE Manager / Health & Environment Manager
— Jan 2008
• Developed & acted as focal point of the Heat Stress Prevention Program;
• Conducted various field work: daily site surveys, environmental risk assessments,
& monitoring activities (regular dust (PM10) & noise level measurement,
groundwater sampling, performance of wastewater treatment systems, etc.);
• Prepared tailored training programs for management & workforce focusing on
environmental & occupational health concerns;
• Authored monthly reports summarizing environmental activities & achievements
during the life of the projects (construction/commissioning/startup).