Last Updated: 29th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
— Jun 1998
• Ensures distribution of power and water to the Industrial and non-industrial consumers as per agreed quantity and specifications.
• Ensures Export of Power to Transco as per the PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) in coordination with the load despatch centre.
• Ensures that all start-ups and shut downs of facilities are carried out as per standard procedure and as per start-up/shutdown curves.
• Handles plant emergencies with clear assessment of situation and taking quick and right steps to restore the power in minimum possible time.
• Monitors the specification of process water, makes appropriate adjustments and investigates process upsets and takes remedial measures.
• Directs and participates in critical operating procedures to provide overall control and coordination including start-up and shutdown procedures, commissioning and testing of new equipment, acceptance of repair work.
• Ensures that all planned and maintenance during shift is carried out safely with minimum interruption to operating plants.
• Reviewing operating conditions, issuing work permits with proper safety precautions, follow-up and smooth start-up of the units/equipment after completion of the jobs.
• Controls maintenance works Carried out and directs the preparation of units ensuring inspection of areas prior to work. Supervised the testing and commissioning of new/modified equipment in the unit.
• Ensures that all the Health Safety & Environmental systems are properly implemented by all operating personnel in the shifts and all maintenance activities are carried out strictly according to Takreer’s HSE manual.
• Discuss accidents, incidents, and near miss and all other safety aspect with subordinates in order to avoid recurrence.
• Attends departmental safety, health and housekeeping meetings. Participate in plant safety and housekeeping tours and follows up on action plans aimed at improving safety standard.