Last Updated: 27th April 2019 (over 3 years ago)
I am also an experienced professional, a skilled communicator, a relationship-builder, and a value based leader which is focused on building and linking people to extract real value where my hands-on approach is valued by all levels of individuals in an organization.
— Jun 1996
— Nov 1994
Approached for advice on:
• Funding models, sourcing and structuring, accounting services
• BEE Transformation
• Due Diligence procedures and processes
• Lead team in successful BEE acquisition of a 37 year old privately owned construction firm with a R 1 bil p.a. turnover.
Director : Group Suppy Chain
— Jan 2018
• Lead process to successful completion of acquisition of 51% shareholding by BEE partner.
• Main contact and lead in obtaining working capital funding from the likes of IDC, PIC, DTI and banks.
• Proven track record in Supply chain management effecting savings to all parties concerned. Total savings effect in excess of R 50 mil p.a.
— Jun 2017
• Liaison with creditors and negotiating extended credit terms.
• Management of Civils division accounting staff.
• Authorization and release of payments for overheads and suppliers.
• Implementation of new cost control procedures to manage site costs on daily, weekly basis.
Supply Chain Manager
— Aug 2016
• Negotiate national rates for tender and post tender operations.
• Assist with tender process with innovative ideas such as targeted buying approached, JIT buying and delivering, as well as supplement procurement supplier database with new suppliers.
• Post tender award value engineering and award of supplier supply contracts.
• Successful modelling, implementation and management of various cost saving initiatives in the construction operations sector for e.g. plant replacement models, materials handling and management, new supplier development.
Plant Division Finance Manager
— Jan 2015
• Key strategic planning ensuring growth, and consistency in supply of plant to Civils and Building divisions, by implementing Plant Replacement models.
• Full financial function compiling monthly, quarterly and annual reports for board presentation.
• Facilitating key CAPEX strategy changes and implementing new plant replacement policy.
— Sep 2013
• Sales, purchasing, forecasting, budgeting, cash flow and marketing.
• Ensure distribution of goods imported through shipping agents.
• Monthly management account pack to include income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, debtors aging, sales analysis, stock movement reports etc.
• Financial modelling of future stock purchases and repayment cycles.
• Travel local and internationally to ensure supply and sales are in place.
• Successful in managing start specializing in wholesale and distribution of high end brands such as KTM bicycles, UVEX helmets, Mitas Tires.
— Jun 2009
• Construction program planning.
• Financial model management.
• Full construction budget for complete project circa R 1.2 billion.
• Site operations planning and integration with program.
• Completing financial feasibility study within 5 weeks, and illustrating R 75 mil saving through cost saving initiatives i.e. long lead item procurement, strategic purchasing etc.
— Jul 2007
• Liaise with budget holders to compile project budgets, reporting on budgets, variance analysis.
• Implementation and roll out of new procurement system.
• Ensure efficient liaison between Production team and Costing, accounts team on financial, costing and admin matters.
• Signatory of all documentation i.e. invoices, delivery notes, etc. to submit for payment.
• Successful development of R 1.5 billion budget and acceptance of budget by board at 1st presentation.
— Jan 2006
• Liaison and reporting on month end profit and loss per contract and region
• Responsible for full administrative function for group.
• Reporting of management accounts, contract profit and losses, plant and vehicle department profit and losses.
• Daily processing of all costing documents.
• Monthly profit and loss reports on various internal plant, vehicle and contract departments.
• Compiling of new plant, vehicle and workshop profit and loss reports including graphs, detailed costing and summaries of cost per category
• Achieve 93% - 96% accuracy of site cost management system within 6 months of implementation.
• Management of full yearend audit function.