Last Updated: 13th May 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Ensuring that all design and engineering work is carried out in accordance with specifications, statutory requirements, laws, rules, regulations and all contractual requirements and with due regards to safety, Quality, operability and maintainability.
• Assisting and managing projects from conception, pre-production throughout to completion.
• Assisting and managing the Installation Sub Contractor pre- outage installation.
• Assisting and managing the financial aspect of projects.
• Good HSE and Quality awareness and commitment including skill and knowledge in Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessments.
• Make sure all equipment and spares is ordered on time and available for installation
• Providing technical support to the project team and wider regional teams.
• Responsible for overseeing the review, initiation and execution of Scope changing.
• Responsible for the completion of all documentation packages “As Built Documentation and Quality Documentation”.
• Producing Test Plans and reports.
• Prepare contract documentation for procurement services and materials.
• Evaluating tenders and providing recommendations.
• Carrying out effective client liaison for projects.
• Liaising with customers and suppliers on a regular basis to ensure the successful design and manufacture of products to agreed budgets and time frame
In support of my application I have attached a copy of my CV. It shows that I will bring important skills to the position including:
• Highly Motivated and dedication with good problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Good team leadership in technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
National N Diploma
— May 1998
Electrotechnics N4, N5 & N6; Control Systems N6; Power Machines N5, N6: Strength of Materials & Structures N5; Engineering Science N4
National N Diploma
— Sep 1986
Electronics N4, N5 & N6; Mathematics N4, N5 & N6; Electrotechnics N4, N5; Logic Systems N5, N6; Missiles N4; Digital Electronics N4
— Dec 1983
— Dec 1980
• The allocation Placement of all instrumentation and Control Equipment.
• Design, review with all stakeholders Cable Routes and Room Layouts
• Generating of Cable Schedules.
• Signal allocation and generating loop Drawings
• Liaising with Suppliers, Sub Contractors and perform Quality inspection on equipment and installed work.
• Ensure that construction contractors adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction project drawings, Specifications, Procedures and Site Instructions
• Responsible for the HSE, and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
• Track Progress vs Planned work using the project plan as approved by all parties.
• Verified all Cable Terminations at Instruments, Junction boxes and in Control Cubicles and managed the Sub Contractor checklist for point to point checks
• Make sure all equipment and spares is ordered on time and available for installation.
• Conducting and co-ordinating SIT (Site Integration Test) and make sure the relative test reports and documentation is sign off
• Coordinate and Conduct cold commissioning activities such as cables continuity checks, signals cold loop-checks (instruments, valves, auxiliary systems,) on steam turbine and boiler plants, and rectify faults.
• Maintaining Overall Plant Commissioning Punch lists and monitoring and closure of defects notification.
• Preparation of daily progress report, weekly report and monthly reporting.
• Co-ordinate and Conduct Hot commissioning and ensuring the relevant documentation is sign off.
• Co-ordinate and Compiling of As Built Documentation and Quality Documentation for final hand over of the Units
C&I Supervisor (Snr Technician)
— May 2008
• Installations, mechanical, electrical and communications.
• Configuration, calibration and device programming.
• Performance monitoring for maintenance related best practice and standards.
• Fault finding and problem diagnosis, giving appropriate guidance.
• Performance of inspections
• Service, repair and Maintenance.
• Commissioning and decommissioning.
• Data pack Compiling and mark-ups.
• Identifying problem areas and assessing remedial requirements for short/long term solutions.
• Develop technical specifications and designing details.
• Testing and evaluating of new products.
• Financial planning and control of new projects
• Initiating the procurement of new projects.
• Planning the execution, installing and final testing on projects.
• Performing upgrades and enhancements of hard /software
• Closing and signing off all projects as required
• Monitor service contracts with suppliers.
• Manages and control the manpower resources for the section.
• Supervising and prioritising the tasks of subordinates, monitoring and appraising performance.
• Identifying Training/Development and career planning requirements, implementing on the job training.
• Ensuring competency and new recruits to maintain standards.
• Maintain and compiling Technical reference documentation.
• I was responsible for the Quality Control of all new Projects.
C&I Technician ,Training Mentor
— Jul 2000
• Planning and organising specific allocated tasks.
• Carrying out services, repairs, modifications and fault finding on Electronic equipment down to component level.
• Make use of sophisticated calibrations and test equipment, maintaining them in a condition traceable to international standards.
• Checking isolations and signs for plant safety permits as a responsible person.
• Conducting all elements of Quality control involving Contractors and Eskom personnel.
• Investigating recurring defects and implementing actions / suggestions for the prevention thereof.
• Performing senior stand-by duties.
• Reviewing and compiling of work instructions.
• Investigating plant / safety related incidents and submit findings and recommends proposals for the prevention thereof.
• Liaison with other departments to investigate problem areas requiring team involvement.
• Assisting in proposals for C&I equipment / instrumentation enhancements.
• Work as co-ordinator and supervisor during unit general overhauls and interim outages.
• Develop and compile documents for special test procedures to simplify and expedite intricate fault-finding techniques.
• Do fault finding, programming, modifications and repairs on Siemens PLC systems.
• Did investigations, design, installations, commissioning and optimising of different Control Systems.
• Compile and control the Training Budget
• Responsible for the Training of all C&I Apprentices, Pupil Technicians, Utility men, Artisans and Technicians.
• Develop training material and present training courses.
• Served on a workgroup that compiles new Curriculum’s for C&I Apprentices and Pupil Technicians.
• Help compiling Unit Standards and align it with the National Qualification Framework (NQF) and SAQA requirements.
• Was the Process assessor in the assessment process of artisans, and the only Internal Verifier of the total Maintenance group.
• Was a Supervisor responsible for the Technician Workshop, Projects and Outside Plant.
• Was involved in the establishment of a Standard Generating Body (SGB).
• Serves on a work group to look at the Skills Development plans and get everything in line with the new Skills Act.
— Apr 1990
All maintenance and repair work on electronic and sound equipment was my responsibility.
My matriculants averaged 5% higher than the average of all the Transvaal Schools in Technica Electronics at the end of 1989. From January 1st, 1989 to April 30th, 1991 I was the head of the Electronic section.
I was the Jukskei sports organiser and in 1989 the deputy chairman of the Transvaal Schools Jukskei Association.
— Dec 1985