Last Updated: 5th August 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Extensive experience in leadership roles within large, multinational organizations working on multimillion-dollar projects and maintenance and operational activities.
Currently, I hold a position as Project Manager with Nuclear Consultants International which is wholly owned by Wood.
Advanced Project Managment
— Sep 2018
National Diploma: Electrical Engineering
— Apr 2006
• Tender/Bid Management.
• Oversee the compilation of Site Work Packages (SWP) and manage the approvals process.
• Stakeholder engagement including the coordination of operations & maintenance personnel, construction managers, project supervisors, contractors, and other functional groups during the execution of works.
• Conduct safety talks and pre-job briefings and ensure adherence to construction regulations and safety standards.
• Oversee ‘In-Service Testing and Commissioning’.
• Performance management of teams and individuals.
• Oversee ‘Management of Change’ process.
• Oversee compilation of ‘Project Completion Reports’.
• Major projects undertaken include the replacement of the fire detection system at Koeberg Nuclear Power Station.
— Feb 2018
• Engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of commercial and industrial photovoltaic (PV) solar systems.
• Conducted load profile analysis, feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses aided with the use of solar design software tools PVSyst, PVSOL, Solargis pvplanner, and Helioscope.
• Performed Technical Due Diligence on prospective projects and installed systems.
• Evaluated plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
• Engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential and commercial solar power systems.
• Conducted load profile analysis, feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses aided with the use of solar design software tools PVSyst, PVSOL, Solargis pvplanner, and Helioscope
• Developed standard operating procedures with a focus on quality and safety standards
• Developed project-specific BOQ and provided project costing
• Project plan development and implementation.
• Provided technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, and performance monitoring.
• Ensured contractor HSSEQ compliance and adherence.
— Jul 2015
• Implemented systems and processes to achieve overall ‘Best Practice’ Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
• Developed succession plans and provided mentorship to national Superintendents, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
• Provided support to the C2 Electrical Committee to maintain and improve electrical standards and systems.
• Developed the maintenance program for the electrical infrastructure department.
• Developed standard working procedures (SWP) and training manuals aligned to Rio Tinto C2 electrical standards.
• Reviewed work orders and work schedules and re-planned to address inefficiencies and provided appropriate contingencies.
• Performed regular audits of work practices to ensure consistent outputs are in line with company goals.
• Analyzed performance and managed teams and individuals (KPI’s).
• Provided continuous improvement by applying technical skills and industry experience to improve plant operation through reengineering and modifications of existing systems.
• Monitored, controlled and conserved resources to minimize waste through the management of department expenditure, resource optimization, and inventory control.
• Project Managed numerous small projects linked to operations readiness which included:
o Correcting design deficiencies and recommissioning of the waste incinerator plant,
o completed installation and commissioning of the ammonium nitrate storage and dispensing silos for the explosive (ANFO) manufacturing plant,
o installed and commissioned a new explosive mixing plant,
o completed assembly and commissioning of a quarry screener and sand wash plant.
— Jun 2012
• Materials management (BOM verification)
• Task supervision
• Ensured HSEQ compliance and adherence
• Responsible for the ‘Site Work Package’ compilations
• Assisted with design compilations
• Ensured that all processes were adhered to during project implementation
• Major projects that were undertaken:
o Modification and upgrade to the hydrogen production plant
o The upgrade and requalification of critical systems and components linked to safe plant operation at Koeberg Nuclear Power Station
o Assisted the Outage Control Centre with the coordination of activities and modifications conducted during reactor refueling periods.
— Mar 2009
• Supported the effort to establish equipment standardization which is linked to a ‘Preferred Suppliers’ list
• Ensured timeous resolutions of problems that arose due to plant aging and the discontinuation of certain product lines by suppliers.
• Produced equivalency studies for replacement equipment and components and ensured update of associated procedures.
• Reviewed and updated work procedures.