Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Last Updated: 6th January 2018 (over 4 years ago)
I have the ability to compile and analyse information effectively and to communicate the findings throughout any organisation, able to provide interpretation, advice and guidance on all Occupational Health and Safety management related matters and I am highly committed to Continuous Professional Development while contributing on an ongoing basis. I am also proactive in leading cultural change initiative with a focus on behavioural-based safety. I am able to weigh up options, recommend solutions and implement changes for the benefit of all.
General EHS Manager (EHS Lead Coordinator - Mega Projects)
— Dec 2017
• Advise the site management teams and employees to ensure a proactive, consistent and systematic approach to Health, Safety, Environmental issues are maintained throughout the company and projects.
• Maintain statistics and detailed records of inspection findings, records of incidents, near misses and accidents and producing statistical data for reports and develop recommendations to mitigate data trends.
• Lead and maintain management system documentation in compliance with company policies and state regulations.
• Collaborate with Consortium Partner on improvements in EHS and ensure company safety policies and procedures are implemented consistently and effectively, and are known and understood by all management, contractors and subcontractors on sites.
• Review of existing procedures & Initiated Gap Analysis and Corrective Actions.
• Ensure all Non-Conformances highlighted on Inspection and Audits are actioned within the agreed timescales.
• Implementation of EHS Elevator Training Programme for Consortium Partner Safety Officers.
• Perform regular inspections and audits on workforce and subcontractors to identify compliance with the Management System, including recommendations for corrective or preventive action where appropriate.
• Ensure all Accidents and Incident are published into the ‘HSE’ system, investigated, with recommendations closed out as stated within the Accident, Incident and Investigation Procedure.
• Assist the Project Teams in reviewing Contractors Health, Safety and Environmental project documentation.
• Manage the development of consistent company training matrices, behavioural training programs and competency systems and ensure compliance is communicated to management.
• Conduct cross-functional needs assessments and confer with functional managers to determine learning needs based on projected goals and objectives.