QA INSPECTOR MECHANICAL MEP
Last Updated: 15th November 2017 (over 4 years ago)
Hands-on experience as QA / QC Engineer in inspection of MEP Works, material and project works to ensure compliance with standards and specifications
Deft at inspection of materials received in the warehouse as per management requirement to ensure stringent quality control
Proficient in planning, ensuring comprehensive and cost effective inspection of all static equipment for ensuring material integrity / reliability
Adept in swiftly ramping up projects in close co-ordination with contractors, consultants and other external agencies, ensuring on time deliverables
An effective communicator with strong analytical, management, problem solving skills & organization abilities; possess good knowledge of IS & BS
Quality Awareness program
— Jul 2009
QA Inspector - Mechanical
• Coordinate all site inspections with the site subcontractors
• Assist the site QC manager in the organization, maintenance and control of the quality system
• Liaise with the site construction engineers and provide assistance when requested
• Prepare nonconformance reports to the QA manager and assist in developing corrective actions
• Assist the QC manager and construction manager in resolving any discrepancies and ambiguities
• Coordinate with the customers QC inspectors for the resolution of site problems
• Coordinate with the site subcontractors to ensure that communications exist and are maintained
• Assist the site subcontractors in the resolution of drawing interpretation
• Attend the weekly QC meetings
• Make sure that activities should be done in accordance with standard codes of practice, drawings, applicable job specifications, Quality control procedures (QCP), and Inspection and Test plan (ITP) at the job site.
• To responsible for the complete inspection as required by the existing company standard codes & Specifications.
• Aware of various building services design codes such as British Standards, ASHRAE, SMACNA and other International design codes.
• Verification of Isometric Drawing with respect to P&ID
• Skillful at testing of materials, checking of work, drawing, monitoring and analyzing physical problems. Resourceful at strategizing techniques for maximum utilization of manpower/ machinery.
• Supervising the fabrication of Ducts, Installation of Ducts, Duct Insulation & Cladding, Installation of AHUs, Chilled Water Piping, Chiller Installation and Connections, Chiller Pump Room, and Accessories connections.
• Able to do HVAC, firefighting estimation based on tender drawings.
• Co-ordinate with construction, testing group and Qa/QC department in the preparation of the requirements of each test pack
• To initiate actions pertaining to quality problems.
• Developed and provided data and quality review to senior management team.
• Responsible for installation of fire fighting system (sprinkler system, wet riser, preaction system, fire pump sets, fire safety equipments & gas suppression system).
• Review drawings and specifications and mechanical shop drawings, follow their execution, and ensure its compliance with Contract obligations and ASHRAE Codes and Standards.
• Good communication, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilize the same in a productive manner. Coordination between civil department and main consultant and MEP Consultants
• Make regular visits to site to ensure work progress is in compliance with contract requirements, good construction practice.