Last Updated: 24th August 2019 (over 3 years ago)
- A Vibrant and results-oriented professional Chemist with 9 years of laboratory experience. Competent in the use of ICP, IC, XRF, XRD, FTIR, Rheometer, KF Titatror, GC-MS etc.
- Attentive to detail with a practical approach to problem solving and the organization required to ensure that deadlines, budgets and objectives are achieved.
- Enjoys being part of a successful and productive team and thrives in highly pressurized and challenging working environments.
Currently looking for a new and challenging position within the corporate sector, one which will make best use of existing skills and experience acquired in privately owned companies while enabling further personal and professional development.
European Adhesive Specialist Diploma
— Dec 2010
BSc Chemistry Degree
— Jun 2008
— Dec 2018
• Responsible for development of newly appointed graduates
• Responsible for project or task leadership and for carrying out the project/program tasks independently. Reports back to management in project/program meetings or such that management remains informed of key progress and development.
• Initial and batch release of the Body Shop, Paint Shop and Assembly Plant related chemicals
• Liaise with Central Planning AG on release status of materials
• Liaise with Technical Purchasing personnel
• Assist in problem solving involving chemistry and process materials by conducting defect analysis and leading problem solving teams
• Draws up work procedures in accordance to German laboratory guidelines
• Ensures that all testing corresponds to that of Central Laboratory Planning AG
• Ensures lab’s continued integration in BMW network.
• Apply new testing methods
• Represents SA Laboratory Process & Chemistry Technology on Central Planning AG panel
• Co-ordinates chemical & process activities in laboratory.
• Responsible for planning and executing round robin tests with other BMW labs to ensure consistency of test results.
• Ensuring that all testing is done to ISO requirements
• Represents the lab on the BMW Central Laboratory Process & Chemistry Technology to supplier forums
• Laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration
• Purchase of lab equipment and chemicals in line with BMW AG and ISO specifications making best use of the departmental budget.