Project Leader (renewables & energy storage)
Last Updated: 1st February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
— Nov 2017
Project and Dissertation (Leapfrog Finance):
Develop strategy for the optimisation of transaction cost without increasing the default risk for solar PV projects.
MSc (Electrical & Electronics)
— Jul 2007
— Jul 2001
▪ Technical lead for the grid scale storage projects, e.g. selecting vendors / aggregators, DNO applications and National Grid (UK).
▪ Tailored selection and sizing of BESS for site specific and multiple revenue applications (EFR, FFR, Capacity market and STOR etc.).
▪ Develop a business case of behind a meter segment for UK’s commercial and industrial sector.
▪ Attend industry conferences and events to promote company’s product and services.
▪ EFR Site witness testing on behalf of NG (UK) for two grid scale storage sites for Low carbon.
Scottish & Southern Energy, UK / Oct 2016 to Aug 2017
▪ Reviewing developers’ inquiries for Battery storage projects to provide an optimum connection points.
▪ Assessment for gird connection of PV and storage applications in 33kV, 11kV and 400V power distribution networks.
▪ Review the inquiries of developers to provide optimum grid connection as per the regulatory guideline.
▪ Investment analysis and management reports for RIIO-ED1 submission to OFGEM (Oct 2016 to Dec 2016).
ABB Power system, Scotland, UK – Project Lead Aug 2014 to Oct 2016
▪ Agreed joint procurement T&Cs with plant suppliers to insulate lender from project risks.
▪ Advocated smaller milestone payments to lender’s technical advisor to reduce cash pressure.
▪ Liaised with local electricity company (NG & SHEPD) for grid point connection agreement.
▪ Led a team of consultants, engineers and utility contractors for project delivery.
▪ Support a product (Power Controller Centre) development with help of internal team of ABB.
▪ Site commissioning and supporting NG witness testing for interfacing / volt / current / trips/ frequency.
Bid & Design Manager
— Aug 2014
▪ Delivered technical support/lead on bid submission for high profile clients in UK and overseas.
▪ Directed regulatory and technical advisory to renewable clients (Hive and West coast).
▪ Presented innovative ideas to clients (Moserbaer, India) to reduce grid connection (£/MW) cost.
▪ Assessed early stage wining probability for making go/no go decision with Senior Management
▪ Co-ordinated for the preparation of annual revenue forecast for reporting to Regional Head.
▪ Reduced transaction cost by 20% by implementing long-term partnership with utility contractors.
Senior Design Engineer
— Sep 2012
▪ Joint decision making for the appointment of Principal-contractors / Consultants and subcontractors.
▪ Management of design team and resource allocation / coordination to achieve efficiency and cost savings.
— Mar 2009
▪ Supporting customer inquiry, joint negotiation for framework agreement and product standardisation etc.
— Sep 2005
▪ Provided technical support for the separation of Generation, transmission and distribution companies.
▪ Worked with Load dispatch centres and local government for grid expansion projects in Gujarat state.