Information Technology Professional
Last Updated: 13th July 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Rogers Communications Inc, Toronto ON, Nov ’14 - Present
• More than 2 years experience in a BA role for a ServiceNow project (IT Service Management Tool)
• Worked with several Rogers teams & stakeholders to gather requirements for ServiceNow Project
• Worked in both Agile and Waterfall methodology
• Successfully completed ServiceNow System Admin Training Part 1 & 2 (Sponsored by Rogers).
• Successfully completed Business Analysis Simulation Workshop covering the End-to-End Project Lifecycle by Noble Inc (Sponsored by Rogers). Course description: http://nobleinc.ca/BA009.html
• Developed excellent Requirements Gathering Skills and Technical Documentation writing skills using MS Office Suite like MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Word and more.
QA Mobile Application Tester / Developer
AirG, Vancouver BC, July ’13 – Aug ‘14
• AirG is a Vancouver Based company that develops Web and Mobile Applications.
• Worked as a Software Tester for a cross platform instant messaging application called Hookt.
• Involved in manual UI testing on Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Nokia and Window phones.
• Gained lots of experience working in an Agile environment.
• Used Jira for defect management, Jenkins, SQL Developer, and other Tools
• Gained lots of knowledge about mobile applications and platforms
QA Software Test Specialist
Nokia, Burnaby BC, Mar ’12 – Sept’12
• Worked with the Mobile Application Testing & Signing Team
• Involves testing and signing Java, QT and Symbian Based applications for Nokia Phones
• Working with a team of about seven people to test apps before they are published in the Nokia App store.
• Developed technical documentations for testing using MS Word (Training Manual).
• Managed the Team’s SharePoint site and did minor design and development work on it.
Software Test Specialist (8 month Co-Op)
IBM, Pacific Development Center, Burnaby, BC, May’ 10 – Dec’ 10
• Worked with the Panorama BCY team, health care software.
• Required communicating with BAs, Clients, Managers and other team members
• Developed strong verbal and written communication and time management skills
• Gained experience in writing technical documentations such as Business Test Scenarios, Test Case Documents and defects using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio
• Executed in depth testing of several modules of the software
• Developed a VB script that took data from an excel sheet and entered it into the system using the User Interface.
Software Developer / Test Automation Specialist (12 month Co-Op)
HSBC, HTS Software House (IT Development), Burnaby BC, Jan’ 09 – Dec’ 09
• Worked with the HSBCnet IT development team (Online banking System)
• Worked with developers across the globe (India, China, USA & Mexico) and assisting with the code deployment process.
• Gained experience in the Iterative Software development process.
• Used VB scripts to develop automated testing applications
• Performed software testing using QuickTest Professional (In Visual Basic)
• Active Involvement in the United Way fund raising campaign and organizing other social activities for colleagues.
• Worked in a research project, for knowledge management products.
• Received a certificate of achievement for dedication towards the Requirements gathering team.
Web Development Skills
• Wordpress / Drupal / Shopify
• Extremely skilled with Wordpress, Drupal and Shopify based Websites
• Websites designed on Wordpress: http://www.ratemyphysiotherapist.com, http://www.ratemymassagetherapist.com, http://www.netmentions.com, http://www.yujjfitness.com
• Drupal Websites: http://www.munchkinsandwich.com
• Internet Marketing and Advertising Skills
• Managed multiple advertising accounts for clients
• Experienced with Google Adwords, Google Adsense, Bing Adcenter, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads
• Search Engine Optimization Skills
• Performed SEO work for several websites with positive results
• Experienced with Web Programming Languages
University of Toronto, Toronto ON
Certification in E Commerce, Jan 2017 – Current (Ongoing)
Expected Graduation Date: April 2017
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby BC
Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science, 2007-2011
Graduation Date: August 2011 (Officially Graduated)
Language Proficiency (in the order of proficiency)
• English (Can read, write and communicate very fluently)
• Hindi (Can read, write and communicate fluently)
• Bengali (Can only communicate, cannot read or write)
Online LinkedIn profile and recommendations: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/usarkar
More references available upon request