IT Manager/ IT Operations Manager/ IT Service Delivery Manager / IT Programme Manager
Last Updated: 28th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
— Jan 2018
• implementation of numerous processes (e.g. user creation/deletion, software rollout and policies/procedures for each)
• Process flow for the ERP system
• The rectification of the weather station system
• Reducing reliance on Support based in South Africa by implementing a problem resolution database and gaining administration access to complete tasks on site at no additional cost
• Reducing costs by weighing up alternative internet suppliers and removing systems not needed;
• Preparation and presentation of 2018 budgets;
Acting Service Delivery Manager/Project & Programme Manager for POPI Initiative
— Jun 2017
Data protection is about making sure we collect and manage personal information in accordance with our legal obligations and the expectations of the people it is about. Important security measures need to be implemented to ensure that an environment caters for the POPI act initiatives.
My function in conjunction with my role as Service Delivery Manager is to ensure that I manage the implementation across 7 business divisions, acting in an advisory and management role.
Service Delivery Manager for IT department
Project and Programme Manager for implementation of initiative
Implementation of Information Assurance Maturity Model across business divisions
Implementation of Policy and security measures to cater for POPI act
Data retention, destruction, business continuity and backup procedures
Identifying risks and mitigation thereof
Creating and implementation of Culture program
Training of Information Asset Owners and Senior Information Risk owners
Implementation of risk management
Creating awareness of Cybercrime and its effects in the environment through marketing initiatives
Systems Support Manager/Key Account Manager & Director on the Board
— Jul 2014
• Management in all aspects of Anglo Platinum account whilst based on contract, maintaining customer relationships and driving service delivery.
• Managing the Lotus Domino & Document Management Infrastructure with 54 servers based around the country.
• Management of staff based on contract (13 employees) with set KPI’s for quarterly performance appraisals.
• Process Development and Implementation.
• Design and Implementation of DB2 infrastructure and maintenance thereof.
• Business process analysis.
• Support for clients.
• Project Planning, Scoping an implementation thereof.
• Solution Architecture and design within the Domino Environment.
• Management of external Project Resources.
• Providing strategic and operational reporting to clients to enable them to make informed decisions.
• Quality Control.
Supervision of the maintenance and security of technical services and information within the organization, as well as ensuring adequate training and abilities of IT employees, including help desk support, executing projects and handling various IT operations. Delegation of duties and was ultimately responsible for the performance of systems and employees. Functions included:
• Coordinating IT projects
• Implementing new software and technologies
• Management of dedicated servers
• Information and document management
• Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access
• Recommended information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Maintained quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintained professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Implementation of disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
• Procuring and maintaining new SLA clients
• Strong communication skills for planning, monitoring and appraising job results. Coaching and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures aligned with employee KPI’s.
• Monthly reporting and feedback to Directors.