Applying for Faculty position in Mathematics
Last Updated: 26th March 2020 (over 2 years ago)
It’s a great pleasure to introduce myself as Dr. Siva Nageswara Rao Thottempudi, completed Ph.D in mathematics. I am writing this letter against “Faculty position in Mathematics” in your organization. I have the work experience of 14 years as Assistant/Associate Professor in mathematics, in various organizations. During my experience I taught the following topics of mathematics for both mathematics and non mathematics background Students.
Computational Methods for Engineering, Complex variables and Transformations, Special functions, Discrete Mathematics,
Mathematical foundations for Computer Science, Statistics Linear Algebra & Multivariable Calculus,
Calculus-I, II &III, Differential Equations: First and higher order with applications, Statistics, Partial differential equations,
Geometry(1-D, 2-D &3-D)
1. Engineering Mathematics-I & II: Linear Algebra, Multiple Integrals & its applications: Areas and Volumes, Vector Differentiation and Integration, Solving differential equations using Laplace Transform, Z-Transformations, Solving difference equations using Z-Transformations, etc.,
2. Computational Methods For Engineering: Numerical Techniques to find roots of algebraic and transcendental equations, Interpolation, etc.,
3. Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science: Predicate Logic, Tautology, Normal
forms, Graph Theory, BFS, DFS algorithms, Recurrence relations, generating functions, etc.,
4. Complex Variables and Special Functions (for EEE and ECE ): Beta, Gamma functions and its applications, Construction of analytic functions using Milne-Thomson method, Cauchy’s formula and its generalization, Residue theorem and its applications, etc.,
5. Calculus-I, II &III: Functions, Inverse Functions, Trig Functions, Exponential and Logarithm Functions , Limits, One-Sided Limits, Limit Properties, Computing Limits, Infinite Limits, Continuity, Derivatives, Interpretation of the Derivative, Differentiation Formulas, Product and Quotient Rule, Derivatives of Trig Functions, Derivatives of Exponential and Logarithm Functions, Derivatives of Inverse Trig Functions, Derivatives of Hyperbolic Functions, Chain Rule, Implicit Differentiation, Higher Order Derivatives, Applications of Derivatives, Critical Points, Minimum and Maximum Values, L’Hospital’s Rule and Indeterminate Forms, Integrals, Indefinite Integrals, Computing Indefinite Integrals, Substitution Rule for Indefinite Integrals, Definition of the Definite Integral –Computing Definite Integrals, Substitution Rule for Definite Integrals, Applications of Integrals, Area between Curves, Volumes of Solids of Revolution
For Non mathematics Background Students (Biotech, Food tech, Bioinformatics and Biomedical)
Basic Mathematics-I&II: Arithmetic progression, Geometric progression, limits, continuity, Differentiation and integration; applications, etc., First order differential Equations, Matrices, rank, system of equations, second order differential equations, etc.
My Key Skills:
1. Creating interest towards mathematics by using real time examples.
2. Pictorial representation for better understanding the mathematical concepts.
3. Correlating applications of mathematics to sciences and other related subjects.
4. Experience in teaching foreign students like Afghanistan, Syria, Nigeria and Sudan.
During my Ph.D degree, I have studied about the rate of change in heat and mass transfer with respect to different parameters like chemical reaction, radiation effect, magnetic field effect, Soret and Dufour parameters. I believe that my professional experience and my expertise would be very suitable for the job description that you have mentioned. With my experience and credentials, I am ready to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your organization. Please find the enclosed CV for your consideration. I shall be pleased to provide any further information. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Dr. T.Siva Nageswara Rao
Coordinator for NAAC file(Parent teacher meeting).University discipline committee member,
Department course monitoring member, Member in Course Design Committee,
Counseling Coordinator for first B.Tech.department treasury.
Attendance coordinator for first B.Tech students,
Teaching mathematical foundations for computer science for B.Tech CSE students and
mathematics subjects for other branches