Lead Construction Engineer with 16+ years Experience
Last Updated: 17th July 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Graduate in Mechanical Engineering having 16 years’ experience Construction & Maintenance Equipment, piping systems for Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Power Plant. Monitoring of pre-fabrication of pipe spools installation inspection testing activities. Through subcontractor’s implementing quality procedure as well as HSE requirement such as Permit to work (PTW), Job safety Analysis (JSA) Hazard recognition, confined space, working at heights training. Main processes of oil production and operation of pipeline system (gathering system, export pipelines, water injection system); H2S, Gas Testing, Confined Space entry, Chemical hazards, Excavations, Follow up Contractors’ construction activities at site. MC Walkdown, Punchlist preparation, monitor Contractor punched clearing and meetings. Review, comment, codding multidisciplinary Work Method Statement (WMS), Procedures. Material Request approval (MAR). Fully familiar with Internal Material Inspection, Smart Pigging and repair method of live pipelines. Interface, tie-in management, WPS, WBS, welding control system. Replacements of underground piping Surveys to establish the routing of new pipe works Piping Layout, materials takeoff and Isometric drawings. methods of corrosion protection for underground pipeline (cathodic protection system); Strong knowledge and skills of work with equipment such as hot tapping machine, pipe milling machine, generators, grinders, compressors, motor pumps, pig location system, pipe locator etc. Observation of performance, certification/modification of work and preparing progress reports. First Check walk down for piping erection and necessary revision for Test Packs to comply with P&ID's, Piping Flow Diagram and piping Iso Drawings and Sketches. Testing (Hydraulic and/or Pneumatic) of piping systems as per international standards and/or company specifications. Post Test & Restoration activities and preparation for Start-up. Test package coordination for punch clearance timely delivering systems. Involve high pressure and high temperature to low temperature service piping, super heated steam piping, hydrocarbon service piping, steel structures, pipe supports, pipe racks, installation, pumps and compressors. Site survey and data collection for preliminary design prepare Piping layout, GAD & Isometric drawings. Hands in AutoCAD, P3, Excel, word. Revision/update/as-built of piping project documentation. Piping route-of-way, Supports type and location verification, Method statement and Procedure for Tie-ins execution, Site Technical Query/Concession Request and Project Change Notice regarding existing and/or new piping installation of above ground, underground. Good exposure to International Codes like ANSI/ASME, API. Pipe wall thickness calculations
— Apr 2003
• Leading a team of mechanical/piping engineers, supporting projects and plant modifications. piping technical solutions for interfaces, Safety, MC Walkdown, PTOP.
• Manpower estimation, work planning, progress meeting with contractors, monitoring and budget control, to support on-going projects and modifications. Change orders, claim settlement submittals, recommendations, conference between client and contractors.
• First Check walk down for Small, Big bore piping, erection, scaffolding, painting, insulation, scheduling for MC Walkdown. Arrange as well as necessary revision for Test Packs to comply with P&ID's, Piping Flow Diagram and Iso Drawings and Sketches. Perform inspection of pipeline protected zone; Performing scheduled pipeline internal cleaning and smart pigging; Perform locating a position of pig using low frequency transmitter; Perform operation of pneumatic/hydraulic/electrical actuators of valves
• Develop and prepare of work permit procedure for pre-commissioning, commissioning & LOTO activities in tight collaboration with HSE department of company and client; implement of logbooks for isolation (electrical, piping, mechanical and instrumentation equipment) with establishment of responsibilities
• Monitor site construction activities to ensure that discipline related activities, including material and equipment receipt, storage and installations are accomplished in full compliance with the HSE procedures, applicable specifications and standards. incident injury free, rules & regulation. Mechanical inputs to support performance contract including safety audits, Isolation Audits, Safety Observations, Risk assessments, incident investigations etc. Manage Engineering package work preparing and reviewing materials bill of quantities.