Instrument Engineer with experiences +7 years in Oil and Gas Industries
Last Updated: 29th June 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Control System and Instrument Engineering Skills
• Experienced for Engineering Design (FEED, DED & Review) such as:
- Develop Engineering Deliverable list/Master deliverable register for Instrumentation and control system
- Develop Instrument, Safety & Control System Specification and Control Philosophy.
- Design and develop Instrument and Control Safety System architecture and having knowledge of different control and safety systems (DCS, SIS, BMS, SCADA)
- Develop and produce field Instrumentation data sheets (PRV, On/Off Valve, Pig Indicators, Fusible Plugs, Level Gauge, Pressure Gauge, Temperature Gauge, Thermowell, Control Valve, Transmitters, analytical instrumentations, Fire & Gas Detectors, HIPPS etc)
- Sizing and selection of Instrumentation calculation (Control Valves, FE, Thermowell, Choke Valve, Restriction Orifice, PSV etc.)
- Development of F&G and Shutdown Logic diagrams and Cause-Effect Charts
- Check and review Instrument Cable Schedule and Tubing Schedule
- Development of Wellhead Control Panel & FGS Detector Layout
- Technical bid evaluation and vendor drawing review for Instrumentations and control systems
- Material Take Off & Bulk of Materials for Instrumentations & Control Systems
- Instruments index & I/O lists for control system DCS, SCADA, PLC, Fire & Gas
- Check and Review Cable Block Diagram for DCS, ESD and F&G
- Review of Loop Diagram, Cable routing layouts and Tubing Routing Layout
- Review of Cable tray layout and Tubing Tray Layout
- Review of Hook-Up Drawing, ESD Control Panel, Block Diagram and System Architecture Drawing.
- Review Piping & Instrumentation drawing
- Involved and attended Integration test between Third Party Package Equipment and Control System
- Attend and witness the factory acceptance test for field instrumentation.
- Know-how to hands on Instrument database software Including Smart Plant Instrumentation (INTOOLS) and Instrument Calculation Engineering
- Familiar and experience with Computer Aid Drawing software such as AUTOCAD
- Fully understanding of various Process , Mechanical & Electrical deliverables like P&ID, PFD, Process Datasheets, Equipment layouts, Piping Isometric, Electrical drawings like Motor Control Centre, Single Line Diagram & Power Distribution
- Raised and prepared technical query to client when the design was altered due to additional requirement or change order activity.
- Review vendor document (such as control system & field instrumentation)
- Involve to conduct HAZOP and Hazardous Identification (HAZID) activities
- Familiar with calibration tools for instrumentation calibration such thermo bath calibrator (dry block calibrator), Handheld communicator, Process calibrator and Handpump calibrators (both pneumatic and hydraulic) etc.
- Having experience in calculate and validate the metering flow computer (OMNI 6000) using KELTON Flow calculation software.
• Experience in Safety System & Process Control System such as
- HONEYWELL Control system : PCDI, C-300 Controllers, EPKS Software (Jangkrik Project)
- HONEYWELL Safety Manager, RUSIO Module
- YOKOGAWA’s Distributed Control System : Centum CS 3000 (For Matindok Project)
• Codes & Standard Familiarity
Fully outstanding knowledge of applicable design for Instrument and Control designs standards such as API, GPA, AGA, NFPA, ISA, IEC, IEEE, ISO, NACE, ASTM PTC 19.3, ASME, BS, and ABS