Structural & Bridge Construction Consultant
Last Updated: 24th November 2018 (over 3 years ago)
• Act as prime point of contact for the structures construction supervision aspects of the project, including progress reporting, safety, financial recommendations, quality control and design modifications.
• Build a trusted relationship with the management team and with the client's counterpart staff.
• Establish an appropriate working relationship with the contractors.
• Always place an emphasis on safe construction practices (Beyond Zero) and on maintain a high quality of construction. Lead by example in driving safe practices on site.
• Use effective project management and controls systems to regularly report on progress to the management team.
• Monitor progress of construction against the programme, and take steps to ensure the programme is achieved.
• Ensure that the project quality control procedures are used for the structures supervision works and monitor it for improvement. Cooperate with audits required in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Define the scope of work of any sub-consultants and ensure that their employment is effectively administered.
• Planning and coordination of activities for the effective management, control and reporting of the construction supervision of the projects.
• Identify software and systems required for the administration of the project construction supervision.
• Contribute to the safety and build-ability reviews of the proposed designs.
• Evaluate, select, and adapt construction management and control techniques, procedures, and criteria to suit job tasks, and devise and implement solutions to problems encountered.
• Ensure that the Structures Construction Supervision team members effectively identify, manage and report, project risks.
• Coordinate and regulate various activities of construction procedure.
• Interact with Client, Professional experts and Support staffs.
• Approve the Work Programs including activity scheduling and resource programming
• Detailed review of design, drawings and documents
• Overall guidance, monitoring and co-ordination for projects
• All administrative works related to the project management
Training on Global Competition from LRN Legal Compliance & Ethics Center, USA
— Mar 2012
Training on Procurement Integrity from LRN Legal Compliance & Ethics Center, USA
— Mar 2011
Training on Contracting & Agreement from LRN Legal Compliance & Ethics Center, USA
— Mar 2010
B. E. (Civil)
— Jul 1985
Bridge / Structure & Drainage Engineer
Verify the design provisions of Grade Separator Interchange, bridges and culverts;
Guide/check the reinforcement and cable laying operations; Checking and controlling the mix designs;
Check layout, fitting, fabrication of Radiographic quality Steel works, its Quality control;
Checking the adequacy of the form work;
Checking the process control during laying, compacting and curing operations;
Co-ordinate with material engineer for enforcing quality control;
Identify and carry out minor design modifications;
Verify setting out of the culvert and bridge work;
Verify the works request produced by the contractor for inspection of Works;
Testing or inspection of Bridge Appurtenances;
Conduct measurements by taking levels and field tests;
Prepare the inspection reports for the stage wise approvals;
Scrutinizing contractors submissions;
Day to day interaction with Client;
Preparation of variation order; processing contractors payments;
Inspection & Testing of Bridge Bearings, Expansion Joints, Quality tests on fabricated Steel Girders, Reinforcing Strips for Reinforced Earth Walls in China at Manufacturers premises.
Associate / Chief General Manager / General Manager / Deputy General Manager / Project Manager
— Mar 2016
Construction Engineer (Bridges)
— Nov 1999
Assistant Manager (Civil)
— May 1995
Assistant Manager (Civil)
— Apr 1994
Regional Sales Manager (East)
— Sep 1993
Senior Engineer / Assistant Engineer / Junior Engineer (Bridge)
— Feb 1993