Senior Mechanical Engineer for Power Generation Projects
Last Updated: 27th July 2018 (over 4 years ago)
The enclosed Resume contains a summary of my background and qualification for your review & consideration.
As a Gas Turbine Systems Engineer with Siemens Netherlands N.V, I have full responsibilities for the Design, Engineering & Review of various Mechanical systems with more than Twelve (12) years of Experience in Gas, Coal and Fuel Oil Based Simple, Combined Cycle & Co-generation, CHP, Thermal Power , Oil & Gas Projects in roles as Senior Engineer, Design Engineer, Reviewer, Technical Consultant, Discipline Coordinator, Discipline Work Planning and Scheduling, Man-hour / Manpower Budgeting and Control. Key skills in this & previous position include
• FEED/Conceptual engineering,
• Owners/Lender’s engineering,
• Detail Engineering,
• EPC & EPCM Power Projects,
• Pre-bid Engineering,
• Pre- Commissioning,
• Test Procedures & etc.
Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you….
Lokesh Reddy T.
— Apr 2006
Gas Turbine Systems Engineer
(SGT 400, SGT 600, SGT 700B, SGT 800 Gas Turbine Models).
like Combustion Inlet Air system, Lube Oil system, Fuel Gas & Liquid Fuel and Ignition system, Seal air and Cooling air system, Turbine Exhaust system, Axial Compressor Washing system, Fire Extinguishing system, Turbine and Auxiliary room enclosure ventilation systems and Gas Treatment systems &etc.
**Karish & Tanin Offshore FPSO project, 4x SGT-400(N) Power Plant, Israel.
**Camisea Gas Project, Plus Petrol- III, SGT-700B2 Turbine Compressor Train.
**PTT Wang Noi Gas Turbine (3x Siemens SGT-400(N). Compressor Station Project, Ayutthaya, Thailand
Responsible for supporting our business partners during RFQ-(Tendering) and order execution phase starting with division of work up to detailed systems engineering as part of order execution.
Specifying, evaluating supplier bids based on total cost analysis, technically negotiating and finally initiating purchase orders.
Carrying out document review and releasing the information for further internal use, performing technical review, integrating the equipment into the plant by managing as applicable mechanical, electrical and I&C-interfaces, ensuring equipment maintainability and accessibility by appropriate arrangement.
Ensuring the design is per applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and per good engineering practices about environmental aspects and health and safety of site personal, operators and maintenance personnel.
Acting as vocal technical point in country while leveraging the global engineering network.
Support technical clarification/explanations with customers.
Participating in HAZOP-studies, to design reviews and to the design freeze meetings and ensure that corrective actions are closed on time.
Lead Mechanical Engineer - Power Projects, Owners Engineer
— Jan 2018
• Preparation of Technical Specification and Bid Assistance.
• Division of Responsibilities (DOR).
• Develop design for site specific activities and owner’s assigned activities.
• Develop & update project cost estimate.
• Review EPC contractor’s procedures and related documents, drawings, calculations, specifications, constructor/vendor document submittals, etc…)
• Support Owner with reviewing EPC contractor costs, schedule, and progress
• Provide construction support: oversight, engineering, procurement and commissioning.
• Support design activities/interface with operating units
• Miscellaneous support (Deployment, etc.) Represent Owner in EPC contractor’s procurement activities.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
— Jan 2017
• Pre-Contract Development and Post- Contract engineering activities for EPC Contracts
• Review of FEED development & documentation, Basic Design documentation prepared by FEED Contractors.
• Evaluations of EPC’s Technical & Commercial Bids, including Pre-bid & Post bid clarifications& assisting on technical & commercial aspects of the contract requirements and the award of EPC contracts.
• Post-award stage reviews of the Mechanical Engineering design deliverables, calculations and studies by the EPC Contractors, and, if necessary, to make alternatives to improve the completeness and quality of the documentation reviewed, w.r.t the budget approved.
• Attending kick–off, Interface meetings assistance to the Client in the assessment and validation of the technical issues on the basis of Claims raised by the EPC Contractors.
• Specifics: Review of detailed design documentation and if necessary the development of detailed design works for potential improvement & compliance to the best industrial standards/practices. Task covers mostly the Long Lead Items as well as Free Issue Items in terms of static and rotating equipment packages (Gas Turbines, Gas Compressors, Pressure vessels, Filters/cyclones, Pumps, Fired Heaters, major valves), Piping systems (line sizing, pressure drop calculations) of Above-Ground-Installations (AGIs: Compressor Stations, Gas Metering Stations, Receiver Stations).
Mechanical Design engineer
— Aug 2013
• Design & Engineering activities of Flow calculations for Feed water, Condensate, Fuel Gas, Fuel Oil, Water systems, Compressed Air Systems, Nitrogen, Hydrogen system & etc.& Rotating equipment’s like Pumps, Compressors, and Turbine auxiliary systems & Static equipment’s like Water & Oil Storage tanks, Heat Exchangers and Heaters & etc.
• Calculation of pipe sizing, equipment sizing, Treatment plants sizing and Water balance calculations, Cooling Tower Sizing, Feed & Condensate pumps, BOP pumps sizing & Head calculations, tanks sizing calculations, performance testing.
• Managing client relationship and expectations during the services delivery& involving in design review meetings with client& vendors and setting up final resolutions.
• Review the technical reports, documents, designs and cost estimates submitted by the EPC Contractor for regulatory, contractual, code & standard compliance and adequate plant & operator safety considerations for Lender’s engineering scope.
• Review the EPC Contractor’s QA/QC plans and procedures for quality requirements during manufacture, construction and erection.
• Participating in Bid evaluations and contract negotiations.
• Design &Engineering activities for Zero water discharge Thermal Waste Water Evaporation plants for Gulf JP SPP project.
• Executing feasibility studies, market studies& etc.
Mechanical Design engineer
— Jul 2011
• Evaluation of Technical & Commercial vendor offers and providing recommendations
• Designing and System integration of Mechanical systems like Fuel Gas& Oil Treatment plants, Six Fuel oil Storage tanks each 64,000 cum., Turbine Exhaust& cooling systems, Fuel additive systems, Air & Gas Compressors, Water Treatment, Nitrogen & Hydrogen Generation Plants, Waste water Evaporation treatment plants, crane and hoists & etc.
• Prepare reports, design estimation, design specifications for power plant machineries and power plant systems.
• Participating in Bid evaluation, and contract negotiations.
• Involving in design review meetings with customer & vendors and setting up final resolutions.
• Preparation & review of statutory drawings (P & ID, PFD’s), Overall General Site Layouts and calculations as per international standards, such as pipe sizing summaries, pressure drop &pipe thickness, friction loss calculations for headers with branches etc.
• Providing project coordination and project management support for project delivery
• Preparation of proposal & Participation in bid review meetings.
• Cooperate with Owner’s O&M staff to review plant operation manuals
Piping Design Engineer
— Jun 2008
• Preparation of pipe supports, piping design layout and Stress analysis.
• Developing isometrics drawings for Static analysis.
• P & ID review.
• Selection of piping material as per client specification.
• Report development like Stress Summery, Displacements Summery & Restraint Summary for various sustain, expansion & operating Conditions.