Work Pack Engineer
Last Updated: 1st March 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Implemented HSSE procedures at job sites. Leading Plant Safety Walks and Process Safety Walks. Participates as a team member of safety audits. Conducted HSSE toolbox talks. Managed drill exercises to ensure the teams are fully aware of the regulations after emergency alarm. Ensured Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) are provided as per job HSE requirement.
Accomplished many critical maintenance jobs during Turnaround and Routing maintenance. Independently handled maintenance jobs and delivered without any incident. Supervised piping and structure fabrication and major equipment replacement during Turnaround and in Routine maintenance as coolers, filter unit, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, Valves, etc. worked as a lead for the plant extensions and handled rotary & stationary equipment, piping and steel structures installations.
Worked as a team member of Quality Control & Assurance during TAs & NTAs. Organized Material and equipment inspection at site. Reviewed and evaluated Contractors Quality document submittals. (PQR, WPS, WQT, NDT Procedures, Mechanical Test Reports, Method Statements, Hydro test, coating & Painting reports, calibration & Batch Certificates, radiographic and other NDT reports related to this job. Ensure the implementation of all QA/QC Procedures, QC Plans and Work instructions. Review and Monitoring Contractor’s Quality Systems and Quality Performance. Check punch list activities, review and sign final test package and check all necessary documents for the job closure. Facilitate the process of Continuous Improvement in the field activities. Part of Quality audit team during execution and after the job completion.
Extensive experience as a Key player of Planning & Scheduling team. Leading team of work preparers to prepare work packs for turnaround and non-turnaround maintenance & project activities. Resource planning for all plant maintenance and projects. Cost estimation for Turn Around and Non Turn Around jobs including material, manpower, equipment and contracting.
Worked as a key member to implement Maintenance, Integration and Execution (MIE) processes. Determines the scope of activities required to return the equipment back into service. Detailed working on work order operations, man-hours, manpower, material, equipment and services. Bag & Tag implementation at LNG sites. Ensured work orders under their control (RELEASE to PLANNING COMPLETED status) are planned for completion within the KPI DATE dates. Preparation of rough-cut schedule and meetings with the schedulers to accommodate in the plan. Reviewed Backlog work order and aging report. (Backlog System Generated Report.
Part of project management from Detailed Engineering to Execution and until closed out. Provided inputs at front-end engineering design, supported during Construction, Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning phases. Conducted risk assessment and Job Hazard Analysis.
True motivator and an effective problem-solver who enjoys the challenge of achieving goals and accomplishing objectives; career history of consistent advancement based on achievements and motivational tactics. Spearheaded & motivated a team 10 staff, including oversight for a contractor teams of hundreds of people. Hands-on exposure of working for Oman LNG, Sakhalin Energy LNG, Shell Petroleum, SABIC, SADARA, GASCO, ADGAS, GDF SUEZ, TSML, PPTA and Descon Engineering across geographies Oman, Russia, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Pakistan.
— Aug 2004
MAINTENANCE COORDINATION SUPERVISOR & LEAD WORK PACK ENGINEER
• Preparation and Review of Work Orders, Work Packs, Method statements, Material, Resources, etc. for maintenance.
• Master Data Update and As-Built preparation and to update in system.
• Maintenance of Rotating and static Equipment, planning and execution at plant and workshop.
• Support operations for the complicated and routine tasks.
• Supervising Fabric Maintenance (FMC) job.
• Quality checks, inspection of the FMC jobs as per OLNG procedure.
• Quality assurance of the jobs carried out during TA & NTA.
• Material and equipment inspection at site with CPL and the concerned departments.
• Reviewing and evaluating Contractors Quality document submittals. (PQR, WPS, WQT, NDT Procedures, Mechanical Test Reports, Method Statements, Hydro test, coating & Painting reports, calibration & Batch Certificates, radiographic and other NDT reports related to this job.
• Monitoring the implementation of Contract Quality Plan for the Project at Site.
• Ensure the implementation of all QA/QC Procedures, QC Plans and Work instructions
• Review and Monitoring Contractor’s Quality Systems and Quality Performance
• Check punch list activities, review and sign final test package and check all necessary documents are available; it meets the requirements of work completion.
• Facilitate the process of Continuous Improvement in the field activities.
• Quality audits during execution and after the job completion.
• Achieved GOAL ZERO executing critical replacement of equipment during major turnarounds.
• Controlling of equipment during turnarounds as an additional task as a logistic engineer.
• Planning and equipment arrangement (Cranes, Lifters, Manlift, Excavator, Trailers, etc.) to the different turnaround jobs as a logistic engineer.
• Supervise maintenance team in execution. Man-hours Calculation, for all POP, SCE, or normal equipment.
• Planning, preparation and supervision in execution of all the Equipment during Shutdown and routine maintenance
• Cost estimation for Turn Around and Non Turn Around jobs including material, manpower, equipment and contracting.
• Visits to the contractors regarding different jobs and to conduct meetings to finalize the scope of work and to ensure material deliveries on time.
• Leading role for material and equipment inspection at site from QMP.
• High Risk Permit Holder supervising different maintenance and project jobs.
• Follow up with the manufacturers and vendors for the equipment and materials required for Major Projects. Trained Diving focal person attended from SHELL.
Supervised Seal oil & Lube oil Coolers replacement in Train-1,2,3 Turnarounds.
Supervised 15 Nos. Orbit Valves replacement in each train.
Supervised critical job of Mercury Guard filter unit replacement during Train-2, 2019 Turnaround
Achieved GOAL ZERO executing critical replacement of equipment during major turnarounds.
Mechanical Work Pack Engineer
— Dec 2016
• Packages the work with the tasks, disciplines, materials (Bag & Tag) and services to effectively complete the work.
• Performed ready for execution checks and check material availability and set status to (PLANNING COMPLETED) when all materials are available and correct.
• Ensured work orders under their control (RELEASE to PLANNING COMPLETED status) are planned for completion within the KPI DATE dates.
• Produced a JHA (job hazard analysis) as preparation for the permit which is attached to each work order.
• At point of PLANNING COMPLETED, ensured a work pack has been printed where required.
• Always prepared and attend weekly (14 Days Plan) schedule meetings.
• Issued and reviewed Feedback forms for non-value added time and develops an improvement strategy.
• Reviewed Backlog work order and aging report. (Backlog System Generated Report)
• Inspection of the equipment and material at site and warehouse.
• QC (quality control) documentation after the job execution.
• Correspondence with the vendors and contractors for the QA/QC documentation required as per SEIC.
• Discussed all complex (e.g. multi trade, high effort, high value) and safety critical corrective maintenance work with the maintenance and operations teams to improve the quality of the work pack.
• Had easy access and refer to drawings, fault trees, vendor manuals to better diagnose the failure and also have access to subject matter experts where required.
• Taken photos during job site visits for all complex work and include them in the work pack.
• Established and managed a standard work pack for all work to repair repeatable failure scenarios.
• Always checked the standard task list when new notifications are raised.
• Regularly discussed all high cost work with the site approval authority prior to PLANNING COMPLETED.
• Updated PM packages based upon completed job feedback forms to ensure the tasks involved are accurate and that the estimates of resources are correct using the Master Data Change process.
• Ensured that all complex job work packs are archived (scanned and stored) for future use.
• Created Work Request & Mater Data Change Request if required.
• Adhered to the Task and Targets of the work pack preparer.
Implemented Bag & Tag process as per MIE procedure.
Supervised piping designing and fabrication.