High school language coordinator
Last Updated: 17th August 2020 (over 2 years ago)
to meet curriculum standards to teach English to second language learners.Helped students
understand, speak, read and write in English.
● Delivered engaging, coherent lectures and motivating lessons to students across all Key
● Modified assignments and activities to meet the learning needs of individual students –
and sorted into small, similarly skilled groups.
● Classroom management: Prepared English classroom and coursework materials, homework
assignments, and handouts. Prepared course work, planned class sessions:
Selected/integrated appropriate instructional materials for classroom instruction –
Organized/delivered classroom lectures to students. Arranged extra-curricular activities and set
targets for pupils.
● Evaluated the students’ class work and assignments: Graded tests, essays, reports and other
assignments – Regularly provided students with feedback in line with the faculty assessment
● Supporting Students both in class and in individual or small study groups and preparing them
for competitive exams like SAT, TOEFL,olympiads,etc.
● House warden/coordinator for various intra and inter school activities like
speech,debate,theatre and arts.
● Planned and implemented remedial programs for children requiring additional assistance for
English language using role play and hands-on activities.
● Participated in training programs and educational courses to keep up to date with new
teaching methods, new developments and teaching resources.
— Apr 2002
— Apr 2011
self-esteem and performance.
● Ensured that students were welcomed into a positive environment conducive to learning.
● Established positive relationships with students and provided tutoring when necessary.
● Assessed student progress and adjusted lesson plans based on student abilities.
● Participated in regular meetings with the administrator to provide input.
● Handled disciplinary issues in accordance with school guidelines.
● Offered constructive feedback to students and parents.