Electrical and instrumentation engineer
Last Updated: 10th May 2018 (over 4 years ago)
My extensive experience & technical skills in the above fields internationally has given me an overall knowledge of this job. In my past and present position as ELECTRICAL AND INSTRUMENTATION COMPLETION ENGINEER, I have good leadership qualities which is helped me in successfully completing 4 projects, out of which 2 projects in India and 2 projects abroad by attaining international standards and one more project is progressing towards completion under my supervision and technical skills.
Apart from this I am also trained to be an Electrical and instrumentation Hazardous area installation and inspection engineer by completing the IEC Ex INTERNATIONAL STANDARS & ATEX EUROPEAN STANDARDS courses, also trained to acquireknowledge and skills to recognize Electrical Hazards as part of operations and have approval certificate for H2V FOREMAN, H2V TEST, HC LOCKOUT, L2V, L2V TEST, LC and LR.
Electrical and Electronics Engineer
— May 2009
Electrical and instrumentation engineer
• Strong Communication Skills
• An Expert Knowledge & hands on Experience in the Construction, Execution , Pre Commissioning & Commissioning of Electrical(LV & HV) switch gears , transformer , HV & LV switch boards and instrumentation works.
• Very Well trained and established in the Inspection of Electrical and Instrumentation works & equipments to ensure the INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS (IECEx & ATEX) of Hazardous Area are met.
• Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning & Testing of the Diesel generator , Fire and Gas systems , DC & AC ups system , Field instruments (PIT ,TIT , FIT , Process Valves & Actuators ) , Gas & condensate metering systems , Gas Analysers & well head control panels
• Primary knowledge & experience in Honey Well Control and Process systems in the field of OIL & GAS.
• Basic knowledge in Database like WINPCS & ICAPS.
• Experience with document control packages such as Asset, Applicable documents according ISO-9001 Standard.
• Excellent interpersonal skill and professional telephone manner.
• Expert in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power point) and adobe acrobat pdf.
• Utilizing a range of office software, including Email, spreadsheets and database.
• A comprehensive understanding of health and safety regulations.
• Sound knowledge in Auto CADD software.
• Able to interpret and review technical specifications and drawings,
• Well versed & practiced in QA and Health & Safety.
• Experienced in raising Technical queries, specification deviations, Improvement actions, and Non conformance reports
• Able to perform & prepare comprehensive risk assessments. & Proven leadership style.
• March 2017 – till date
• Electrical and instrumentation Completions engineer
• February 2015 – September 2016
• ELECTRICAL , INSTRUMENT & CONTROL COMMISSIONING Engineer
• March 2013 – September 2014
• ELECTRICAL , INSTRUMENT & CONTROL COMMISSIONING Engineer
• LNG ONSHORE TRANS ADRIATIC PIPELINE
• Spiecapag Albania
• 2 x Scraper stations
• ACS 02 : 48’’ scraper launcher + 48’’ scraper receiver
• ACS 03 : 36’’ scraper launcher + 48’’ scraper receiver
o 1 x Landfall Valve Station (ALV 32 – 36’’)
• 7 x identical Ball Valve Stations (with RCC building)
• 1 x Ball Valve Station with Tap-off line (ABV 30, with RCC building)
• 8 x RCC buildings
• Review of engineering drawings of site and to do necessary changes by submitting technical queries.
• Approval and review of Overhead power lines, site electrical and instrumentation drawings & to liaise with the engineering team and contractors to do changes as per company norms.
• Preparation of Request for Quotation for the scope works for the sub-contractors with the detailed scope of works
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction contractors. Maintain daily supervisory surveillance checks and records ensuring that contractor’s management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, all required competent personnel, protective equipment, adequate supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets.
• To Carry out the witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with the Client Quality Plan.
• Attend Weekly and monthly meetings with client and sub cons to discuss HSE Plan and policy site regulations, permit to work, Monthly progress, & technical issues
• Proper preservation of construction materials and to do weekly check on these materials as per the company norms
• To do materials inventory for each site as per the detailed drawing and specs.
• To prepare proper check and test sheets in the project completion management system.
• To prepare technical documents for Construction, quality Pre commissioning and commissioning activities for client review and approval.
• To do calibration of Instruments and valves as per the technical documents
• LNG ONSHORE INCAHUASI PROJECT
• Spiecapag Bolivia
• 350 M USD contract (Engineering, Procurement, Construction). Te PROYECTO DESARROLLO DEL CAMPO INCAHUASI es sponsored by TOTAL. This project consist of 100km gas pipeline of 30”, 16km of 8” condensate line (in parallel of the 30”) and 20km of 10” flow lines. It also includes facilities at the 3 well pads and at the CPF, 3 main line valve stations on 30” line and 2 metering stations.
• Prepare and review engineering plans, designs and circuit diagrams for projects.
• Analyse the Engineering Registers against P&ID, Electrical & Instrument drawings
• Execute various projects, ensuring compliance with safety requirements and Bolivian standards.
• Identify and propose improvements to the electrical and Instrumentation systems.
• Work planning of daily jobs on site and to execute the E & I construction works.
• Routinely study, check and review of scope of work as detailed in drawings, specifications and instructions, ensuring proper interpretation and compliance with the lasted AFC drawings and specifications.
• Daily Tool box talk with the site personnel’s, to ensure proper safety standards are met on site and helping the co-workers to understand the risk involved in the work by preparing the Job safety analysis .
• Quality assessment & quality control of the site works by doing the project check sheets and submitting to Client for the approval.
• Calibrating and testing of instruments before the installation on site.
• Detailed Inspection of Electrical & Instruments of Hazardous Area and related Dossiers (ATEX).
• Pre-commissioning of Electrical and instrumentation cables by meggering and continuity tests.
• Participate in preparing check sheets and reports on testing activity and sign off check sheets and reports
• Participate in joint walk downs with Client and Construction for punch lists and safety reviews
• Reviewing vendor commissioning, operating and maintenance manuals
• Updating all the registers concerned to the site execution by verifying all the vendor documents.
• Participated in the EMERSON FACTORY ACCEPTANCE TEST of the metering skid & analysers
• Pre commissioning and Commissioning the Electrical LV & HV switch gears , motors , well head control panels , AC & DC UPS systems , Fire & Gas systems , Field Instruments ,Process control valves , Pressure control valves , Actuators and the Metering skids
• Commissioning of WELL HEAD CONTROL PANEL and troubleshooting the system, Calibration of the PSV and PIT of WHCP
• Actively Pre commissioned & Commissioned the Gas & condensate analysers , worked in the field bus communication systems .
• Commissioned the metering system’s and also did the proper check of the values obtained from the analysers
• PNG LNG EPC5A PROJECT
• Spiecapag Australia
• An Exxon Mobil Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Pipeline project of 350 KM worth $800m to transport gas from Highlands in PNG ,Australia – consisting of 32” and 34” Pipelines and associated above ground facilities in 3 processing plants and 9 mainline block valve stations.
• Monthly preparation of measurement sheets for Sub-Contractor Bills
• Planning and preparing Material Request as per the Site requirement
• Updating the Commissioning Start up and 2 years Spares and following up
• Preparation of Daily, Weekly, Monthly Progress Reports
• Resource allocation and follow up for Material procurement for timely execution
• Preparation of Daily, Weekly, Monthly Follow up material reports for easy and proper tracking of materials.
• Executed the construction work on the site like Erection and Terminations of Process & Safety instruments, Electrical switch gears & AC & DC UPS systems & Diesel generators as per detail design & Drawing
• Pre commissioning and Commissioning of Diesel generators , LV panels , AC & DC UPS systems , Fire and Gas systems , Field Instruments (TIT, PIT , FIT , PROCESS VALVES , PRESURE CONTROL VALVES) and a little experience on Honeywell Process and safety control systems (PCS & SIS)
• Detailed Inspection of Electrical systems and Instruments in the Hazardous area and also Created the Hazardous Area Inspection Reports on site
• Participated in IEC Ex training in inspections of Hazardous Area Equipment and Instrument conducted by COMPETENCY TRAINING INSTITUTE, Australia.
• Knowledge of current document control standards as per company’s specification and document numbering system.
• Prepare the Hazardous Area Verification Dossiers for all MLV, Metering stations, Cranes
• Prepare Completions Packages for Mechanical Completion, Commissioning Work Packages, and Turnover Packages according to instructions and project specifications
• Checking/validation/verification of all documentation, including correct numbering, revisions, status, format, title and legibility ,Processing and recording incoming and outgoing vendor data and engineering design drawings – Alignments Drawing.
• Reviewing vendor documents and providing comments to vendors.
• Participation & Presentation in weekly progress meeting highlighting ongoing activities, planned activities & areas of concern.
• Coordination with Vendors for Engineering and Quality documents including drawings, datasheets and ITP etc as per the relevant SDRL issued in Purchase requisition.
• At the End of the Project worked with the ENGINEERING Sub contract MOTT MAC DONALD (Mumbai) of the project, to Review, to approve the final site documents, drawings and I / O lists.
Oct 2010 – Feb 2013
Electrical Site Engineer
• SHALINI ASSOCIATES , LARSEN & TOUBRO, E&GP Division , Project site for MRPL Phase III, MANGALORE for 2.5 years
• Execution Planning and Progress Monitoring of Electrical works
• Laying of Cables in the trenches and trays for the electrical, instrument and control systems per the design drawings and Documents
• Laying of conduits to provide the cable entry for the Motors and instruments from the Trench.
• HT and LT Glanding and Termination.
• Panel commissioning and erection of power plant and sub station
• Cable Tray Erection for both HT and LT.
• Earthling Systems for Substation, power plant and Plant.
• Lighting work at site.
• Testing & Commissioning of motors, control stations and Lighting systems
• Preparation of Project planning, scheduling & monitoring.
• Control of issue of drawings and maintenance of records.
• Preparation of Accepted Cost Estimate and review through Job Cost Report at repeated intervals.
• Arranging all resources required in time.
• Reconciliation of all-important resources and other technical reports connected with Management Information Systems.
• Preparing Invoice and obtain certification by Clients.
• Preparation of S/c Bills and reconciliation with payment from clients.
June 2009 – September 2010
ASHOK ELECTRICALS an subcontractor LARSEN & TOUBRO, E&GP Division, Barmer site of Cairn Energy
• Hands on experience in the erection of cable tray systems for electrical, instruments and control systems as per the design drawings
• Allotment of exact Man power for the technical works
• Handling the manpower & trying to solve the technical queries
3 Year Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, First class with Distinction from NRAMP Nitte, Karkala, completed in May 2009
TRAINING PROGRAMMES, SEMINARS & CONFERENCES PARTICIPATED
• Trained for HAZARDOUS AREA INSPECTIONS AND CERTIFYING of Electrical and Instrument under Norms of IECEx as per the IEC standards by COMPETENCY TRAINING INSTITUTE PTY, AUSTRALIA in 2013
• Trained for HAZARDOUS AREA INSPECTIONS AND CERTIFYING of Electrical and Instrument under Norms of ATEX as per the Ex standards by ATEX INSPECTIONS LTD, UNITED KINGDOM in 2014.
• Trained by APAVE formation , France in 2016 to acquire knowledge and skills to recognize Electrical Hazards as part of operations and have approval certificate for H2V FOREMAN , H2V TEST , HC LOCKOUT ,L2V, L2V TEST, LC and LR
PRESENT LOCATION: Korca , Albania
WILLING TO RELOCATE: YES
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , Sujan.KUMAR-ext@.spiecapag.com
CONTACT NUMBERS: India: +91 7760048476, +355697032945
LANGUAGES KNOWN: ENGLISH, HINDI ,KANNADA & SPANISH
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED.
1. Mike Maggi - Commissioning Manager
PNG-LNG Project, LNG ONSHORE INCAHUASI PROJECT
Spiecapag, Australia, Bolivia & Albania