Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Last Updated: 30th January 2018 (over 4 years ago)
INMA Utilities Contracting Co. Ltd. From: 18-Dec-2013 To: Present
Job Description: As Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
ZA Co. Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineering PAKISTAN
From: 15-June-2012 To: 15-Oct-2013
As E&I, HVAC QA/QC Engineer
Instrumentation & Management Systems, Karachi, Pakistan.
From: June-2011 To: May-2012
As HVAC, BMS, I&C QA/QC Engineer
Bachelor of Engineering Electronics Engineering
— Mar 2011
Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
▪ Supervision of Installation of Chiller Plant consists York® TitanTM Multistage Industrial Chiller Model OM-5090. (24 units x 5000 Tons)
Installation of Controls System including:
Field instruments, Controls/Instruments/LV cables, Terminations, Testing & Commissioning.
▪ Installations of
➢ VFD Cooling Towers Controls System. (24 units)
➢ MV-VFD Secondary Pumps Controls System. (16 units)
➢ LV-Soft Starter Primary & Condenser Pump Controls System. (64 units)
➢ Firefighting Pumping station for Masjid ul Haram.
➢ Chilled Water Process Pipe Leakage Detection Systems for pre-insulated pipes (3Km).
➢ Gray Water Chemical Treatment & Filtration Plant Controls System.
➢ Solid Waste Management Plant Controls System.
➢ Weather Monitoring Station.
➢ Fuel Leakage Detection System for Generator Plant.
➢ Refrigerants Gas Leakage Detection Systems for Chiller Plant.
➢ Controls System for Utilities Tunnel. (1.6Km)
➢ DCS/SCADA System of complete Central Utilities Complex.
➢ BMS (HVAC, Lighting, Firefighting, Telecom, Elevators etc.) System.
➢ Field Instruments, Gauges and Flow meters on process lines.
➢ MOVs (Motorized Operated Valves), Process Control Valve, Flow Control Valve, IPCVs etc.
➢ Emergency Central Battery (ECB) System for complete plant.
▪ Coordination with all stakeholders i.e. Client, Consultant, Contractors, Subcontractors & Suppliers.
▪ Coordination with design team, planning, organizing and coordinating to develop solutions to complex problems during monitoring and controlling.
▪ Supervision of installation and execution work, implement the QA/QC standards during installation and execution phase.
▪ Issuing Inspection Requests for the approval of Material & Executed work by consultant.
▪ Comply the Consultant and Client requirements per the QA/QC specifications.
Page | 3
▪ Coordination with the systems suppliers in preparing Inspection & Testing Plans (ITP) & Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Manual.
▪ Implement and follow approved ITP for the completion of installations, testing, commissioning and handover to the client.
▪ Preparation of SCR, RFI, As-built and coordination drawings and taking approval.
▪ Coordination, Supervision and Witness the Testing (FAT & SAT), Commissioning & Startup of all
▪ systems related to Controls.
▪ Preparing Tests reports and taking satisfactory approval from main contractor, consultant and client.
▪ Periodical Walk-through for assurance and verification of the execution work according to the project quality, scope & specifications.
▪ Coordination to prepare actual consumed quantities of material and payment certificates.
▪ Maintaining up to date records of Inspection Requests (IRs), RFIs, SCRs, equipment installation status and field installation status etc. In the form of Logs and Database.
▪ Weekly meeting with project team to monitor and control the project progress.
▪ Follow all the issues and expedite them without affecting the project progress.
Coordination with other trades/services to avoid conflicts and resolve them immediately as possible.
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer
— Oct 2013
— May 2012
▪ Designing, Selection & Procurement of the Material and Equipment for HVAC, BMS, Heat Recovery
System, Cooling Tower, Chillers and Boilers Systems under ASHRAE standards.
▪ Supervising the Preparation of System Design and Shop AutoCAD Drawings.
▪ Supervising the Installation & Commissioning the HVAC & BMS System.
➢ Programming of Schneider Electric I/A Series TAC controllers.
➢ Installation & Commissioning of Air Handling Units, VAVs, Automatic Control Valves,
Motorized Valves and Dampers, Building Energy Management, Motor Control & VFDs, Sensors
& Actuators, Field Instruments.
➢ Communications Protocols Lon Works, Modbus, BACNet, Field bus, Profibus.