Electrical & Instrumentation Construction, Maintenance Manager
Last Updated: 1st November 2018 (over 4 years ago)
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
— Dec 1979
Electrical Engineering subjects with special emphasis on Digital computers and Industrial Electronics.
Construction Manager Electrical
— Jun 2017
Worked with M/s Reliance Petro Marketing Projects (North Territory),taking care of new petroleum outlet construction, testing and commissioning from 1/10/2016 till retirement on 30/06/2016.
Work executed in Reliance :- Worked with M/s Reliance Engineering Associates Ltd (An EPC Unit of M/s Reliance Industries Ltd) since Nov 2007 to October 2016 and has successfully completed Engineering, Construction, Testing and Commissioning of Electrical Systems and related Civil and Mechanical work for following projects:-
PTA-5 / PET-3 project at Dahej petrochemical manufacturing site, Dahej, Distt. Bharuch.
The electrical system comprises of mainly 2x 75 MVA Grid transformers and 2x40MW Gas Turbines gas based combined cycle power plant. 33KV Power cable network for distributing power from 33KV GIS installed at MRS of power plant to 8 main substations and 5 satellite substations. This power is further distributed through HT Transformers to HT Boards for 6.6KV motors, PCCs, MCCs for LT motors, and lighting etc.
Installed, tested, and commissioned India’s First largest 5MWp Grid Interactive Solar plant of Reliance at Khimsar Rajasthan in Aug 2010.
JERP (Jamnagar Export Refinery Project) one of the world’s largest Refinery Project of Reliance Industries Limited at Jamnagar (Gujarat) completed in 2009. The Electrical System of JERP mainly comprises 6X125 MW Gas Turbines, 2X30MW of Steam Turbines, 6 Bay 220KV Switch Yard, 6X150MVA Transformers, 3000Amps 33KV Gas Insulated Switchgears, 11KV Motors 24 Nos having capacity 4.5 MW to 14.2 MW, 6.6KV Motors 500 Nos, and 5500 LT Motors. A large Nos of HT VCBs, LT PCCs and MCCs and HT / LT Power Distribution Transformers, Medium / Low Voltage VFDs, Battery Chargers, UPS & VRLA Batteries, Emergency Diesel Generators installed in 22 Main and 28 Satellite Substations.
These 22 Main Substations receive Power from CPP through 33 KV HT Cable dual circuit configurations. Large Nos of PLCs installed for controlling Motors from Refinery Control Room DCS via Remote I/Os for MCCs and PCCs. A dedicated DCS based Electrical Distribution and Monitoring System for event based and Under Frequency Load Shedding is also commissioned.
Last Employment: - Worked with M/s Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited, Gadepan (Kota) from Sept, 1993 to October 2007 (about Fourteen Years). M/s CFCL is a Natural Gas based largest Nitrogenous Ammonia & Urea plant in private sector.
From July’ 2000 to Oct’ 2007 (more than 7 years) worked as Senior Manager-Electrical (HOD) in M/s Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited, Gadepan (Kota). Introduced Reliability Centered Maintenance Concept apart from Predictive and Preventive Maintenance practices for Electrical Systems at CFCL comprising of 132 KV Switch yard, 28 MVA Gas Turbine Generators, and a large number of HT / LT Motors, Transformers and Switch Gears, resulting into uninterrupted Power Supply (minimized breakdown to almost zero) and maximizing Electrical Equipment (High up time) availability for production.
From August’ 1998 to July’ 2000 worked as Senior Manager Instrumentation (HOD) of Phase -II State of the Art Ammonia (1350 TPD) and Urea Plant (2250 TPD) commissioned in October 1999.
• Worked in close coordination with M/s Toyo Engineering Corporation, Japan the Turnkey Contractor.
• Involved from Engineering Stage i.e. Review of designs / drawing / specification sheets and Technical Bids evaluation for Instruments such as DCS, PLC and field Instruments for flow, level, Pressure, Turbine Speed Control System, Compressor Surge Control System, Online Vibration monitoring system, Gas Chromatographs & Analyzers, UPS, and Controls Valves.
• Monitoring of construction activities with respect to schedule, and quality assurance etc.
• Commissioning and Teething problem trouble shooting.
• Maintenance and Spares Procurement planning.
• Preventive Maintenance Program implementation for trouble free running of Plant.
Joined Chambal Fertilizer in 1993 as Manager Instrument during Commissioning of Phase –I Ammonia (1350 TPD) & Urea plant (2250 TPD).
• Worked in close coordination with Technical Consultant and Process licensor M/s Snam-Proggetti, Italy.
• Inventory control, spare parts management and Maintenance carried out along with trouble shooting of Teething Problems of PLC, DCS and field Instruments, vibration monitoring system, Analyzers etc
• Turn around maintenance planning and execution
• Preparation and checking of Documents for bidding for Instrumentation System of Phase –II Ammonia & Urea Plant.
Fourth Employment: - From March 1991 to Sept 1993 (about Two & half Years)
Worked as Deputy Manager Instrumentation (HOD) in M/s Nihon Nirmaan Limited manufacturing White Cement employing technology from M/s Nihon Cement Corporation Japan.
Third Employment: - From Feb 1989 to Feb1991 (Two Years)
Worked as Senior Engineer Instrumentation in M/s Udaipur Cement Works for commissioning of Modernization / expansion project. Commissioning and troubleshooting of teething problems of PLC, Power Electronics Drive Control Systems, Electro Static Precipitator, slip power recovery based fan speed control system, Inverter Drives and UPS etc
Commissioning of On-line X-Ray Analyzer and Electronic Telephone Exchange.
Second Employment: - From Jan 1987 to Feb 1989(Two Years)
Worked as Electrical / Instrument Engineer in M/s Manik Garh Cement –a Century Birla Group.
Trouble shooting of teething problem of PLC, Power Electronics Drives, ESP, UPS etc
Maintenance and Trouble shooting of Gas Analyzers, Solid Flow meters and Microprocessor controlled Kiln feed and Coal feed system. Weigh feeders etc.
First Employment :-
From May 1980 to Dec 1986 (More than Six and Half Years)
Erection commissioning of 132 KV switch yard with 2X10MVA Transformers and Protective Relays, Maintenance and trouble shooting of HT and LT switchgears, Circuit Breakers, Motors, Transformers, PCC, MCC and captive power plant.
- Member of Core team for Implementation of ISO 1400 and ISO 1800(OHSAS) and Five Star Safety Rating by British Safety Council at Chambal Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited
- Fully Conversant with Applicable Indian Electricity Rules & code of practices.
-Member of safety team for implementation of Dupont safety standard at Dahej project site.
In addition to above I have acquired Excellent Skills in the following:-
Communication, Managing People, maintaining high Team enthusiasm and good Inter personal relations. Excellent administrative and HR issues handling skills related to people working with in Team.
Excellent coordination with other functional groups, Departments, Contractors, Suppliers and relevant Statutory Authorities outside Company.