Quality Assurance / Management Systems Specialist
Last Updated: 28th September 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Stuart is a professional Management Systems Manager, with a proven track record in Systems Management focusing on ISO Systems Certification, including developing and implementing integrated management systems. He has experience of working with multinationals, SMEs and family owned run enterprises across many business sectors.
His people skills are focused around:
(1) Valuing Others – Stuart consistently values other people and recognises that every individual has a fundamental right to be held in positive regard and treats everyone equally and courteously, believing that no matter what, every person deserves to be treated with respect. This helps build strong relationships and resilient teams.
(2) Team Player – Stuart is a team player who has been valued by colleagues both in and out of the workplace, giving mutual support and guidance wherever possible, and will complete activities, no matter how small, in order to support the team. He is experienced in forming new teams and fitting into established ones.
(3) Ensuring Quality – Stuart takes great pride in both what he does and what the requirements of ISO Standards aim to achieve, striving to get things right first time and trying to avoid making mistakes and setting high standards. He takes pride in his work and personal presentation and understands the importance of this for the business. Wherever possible he seeks opportunities to improve the standard and quality of the work produced by himself and the team by taking on new challenges and stretching his and the teams skills sets and continually supports others in achieving a higher quality of work. He sets an example to those around him and impresses upon others the importance of quality.
Stuart's management systems focus is to:
(1) Protect the organisations’ brand,
(2) Reduce costs, and
(3) Improve processes – effectiveness, efficiency and ownership.
This is achieved by:
(1) facilitating change, leading to improved levels of quality, service and continuous improvement; through practical problem solving which helps to create and support business growth;
(2) identification of best practice activities in support of business goals and objectives;
(3) identification of activities and operations which provide little or no benefit in relation to their cost, establishing avoidable cost reporting and data capture;
(4) building relationships with personnel at all levels of the organisation and implementing a "no blame culture" within the quality environment.
Stuart has successfully lead several organisations through to achieving ISO 9001 Certification from a standing start, and achieved certification or re-certification for many others which were under resourced.
Lead Auditor - ISO 9001, 14001 OHSAS 18001, BS 25999, TickIT and Aerospace
Director / Practitioner
A professional management systems partitioner and strategist with international experience focusing on ISO Certification and compliance activities
An innovative developer of practical solutions for the implementation and maintenance of certificated management systems across many business sectors
Possessing effective analytical acumen and integrity who works in a thorough and committed manner, and is a problem solver and team builder
With extensive Quality Assurance and Business Management Systems experience with organisations both large and small – with the objectives of protecting brand, reducing costs and improving processes
C-QES LTD, Bournemouth October 1999 – Present
Director / Practitioner
Established a company providing specialist Quality Assurance and Management Systems services to client companies of all sizes
Design and implementation of tools to identify opportunities enabling savings of up to 20% of turnover
Identification of non-beneficial processes and actions leading to more effective and efficient Management Systems
Providing leadership for training involved in company improvement systems, including mentoring and support for directors and senior management relating to Business Management Systems
Liaison and negotiation with Certification Bodies and Training Providers
Developed integrated management system (BMS) incorporating ISO 9001, ISO 27001, BS 25999 & OHSAS 18001
Preparation of bespoke project schedules for: Quality Assurance Management, ISO Certification Management, Business Continuity, Health and Safety, Integrated Management Systems, Business Process Mapping, Organisational Change Management, Document Management, Continuous Improvement, Safety and Regulatory Compliance and Complaint Management, Supplier Assurance and Approval
Negotiated and produced a set of standards and procedures for Complaint Management along with a specification for the supporting software requirements and providing technical support for the Head of Quality Assurance – High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
International Experience – Maintained and developed enhancements for a Middle East defence contract Quality Management System relating to ongoing development and supply of infrastructure, training facilities and capability, communications equipment acquisition, installation, testing and instruction
Managed a multinational team of Quality Assurance Engineers, Statistical Engineers and Inspectors for the above contract
Presented Quality, Health & Safety and Business Continuity reports to clients Senior Management and MOD / Defence review boards
Managing investigation teams for root cause analysis of failed components and materials including coordinating materials testing and the establishment of robust systems relating to the traceability of materials