Last Updated: 18th September 2017 (over 5 years ago)
I graduated from J.N.T.U (Jawaharlal Technological University) Kakinada in Civil Engineering (B.Tech - Civil) and Diploma in Civil Engineering from a prestigious institute Andhra Polytechnic Kakinada of Andhra Pradesh, India.
I am a well seasoned construction professional planner, since last 13 years and have been working in Project Planning, Controlling and monitoring field, holding different positions such as Planning Engineer, Sr. Planning Engineer to Planning Manager with some of the esteemed Contracting and PMC consulting Organisations such as Rolls Royce Industrial Power (I) Ltd., Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd., (J&P (O)), TAV-Gulf, Ahmed Mansoor Al-A’ali Co, Bsc©, Shapoorji & Pallonji L.L.C, URS-Scottwilson (India) Ltd., Parsons International Ltd., and Hill International L.L.C performing Post contract (Initiation, Planning, execution, controlling to Closing Phase ) and Pre-contract (Procurement phase) planning responsibilities for Design and Construction packages.
As a Sr.Planner /Planning Manager have hands on experience in developing WBS, Activity coding and assisting planners in developing resources & cost loaded contract Programme and reporting/monitoring. Well knowledged and experienced in studying and analyzing Schedule variances, Project progress, critical path changes and its impact on Project deliverables. Having good knowledge on Earned Value analysis, Extension of time methodologies and claims, analysis as a planner using Project management software’s such as Primavera P3, P6 , Sure track…etc.
During the course of my Professional career development I got an opportunity to work on wide varying prestigious project like 208MW combined cycle gas based Power Plant – Industrial project, Gems and Jewelry Park – Commercial building, High rise skyscraper buildings – 52 storied Majestic tower, 42 storied Al Fatah tower, 113 storied World One tower project, Marine Structure for ASRY ship repair yard – Marine slipway and docking facilities, Heavy Infra-Structure works – different road projects consisting of Major highways/express ways, Bridges, Viaducts, Interchanges, Wadi Bridges, Under passes, Utility service laying/relocating works, Open cut Tunnel and underground rail Station & Parking structure works and Cross drainage works like culverts in India, U.A.E, Qatar & Oman. Lusail City Development in Qatar – New City development Infra-structure works consisting of roads, tunnel, railways, rail stations, Landscaping, all Utilities works, a new city to facilitate and accommodate the requirements for upcoming major event – FIFA world cup in 2022.
I am looking for a challenging career in the field of Project Controls. Given an opportunity to be associated with your organization, I would render my services to the best of my knowledge and abilities.
I hereby attach a copy of my CV for your kind perusal.
Since Oct’16 to Till date Hill international L.L.C Oman Planner/Scheduler
Since Oct’13 – Oct’16 Parsons International Ltd., Qatar as Project Planner/Scheduler
Sep’11 – Jun’13 URS- Scott Wilson (India) – PMC Consultant, Kurnool Dist., (India) as Project Planning Engineer
Feb’11 – Aug’11 ACC-Simplex Infra Structure – JV, Mumbai (India) as Planning Manager
Feb’09 – Nov’10 Shapoorji & Pallonji Company, Libya as Planning Manager
Aug’08 – Aug’09 Al-Naboodah Construction Group (Civil Engineering Division), Dubai as Senior Planning Engineer
Mar’07 – Sep’08 Ahmed Mansoor Al A’ali (AMA), BSC., Bahrain as Project Planning Engineer
May’05 – Nov’06 TAV (Tepe Akfen Investment Construction & Operations), Dubai, UAE as Planning Engineer
Mar’04 – Apr’05 Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd., Libya as Planning Engineer
Feb’03 – Feb’04 I.O.I (INDIA) Projects Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad (India) as Planning Engineer
Oct’00 – Jan’03 Project technologists Pvt. Ltd., Naivaelly (India) as Junior Planning Engineer
Aug’98 – Sep’00 Siddharth Constructions Civil Engineering Contractors, Madras (India) as Civil Engineer
May’96 – May’98 Rolls Royce Industrial Power (I) Ltd. (UK based company), Kakinada (India) as Junior Engineer
Dec’92 – Oct’94 P.L. Raju Constructions (P) Ltd., Vizag (India) as Site Supervisor
Key Result Areas:
Pre Contract (Procurement Phase):
• Reviewing Pre-Qualification Request (PQR) of proposed bidders; evaluating profile, submitted documents and assessing capabilities in performing similar projects and programming capabilities
• Performing technical evaluation (Tender Execution Programme) of proposed bidders / tenders. Raising / clarifying tender queries to gather missing information in bidders technical submission
Post Contract (Execution / Construction Phase):
• Reviewing & approving / commenting on:
o Design schedules as submitted by design contractor and ensuring design schedule is in compliance with the overall project schedule
o Contractor’s Execution Programme (Base line Programme) submitted by the Contractor and ensuring schedule / programme is in compliance with the overall project schedule (Scope, Constraints, Interim milestones)
o Procurement schedule as submitted by the Contractor and ensure that they are in compliance and coordinated with current construction schedules
• Assisting in development of Contractor’s Construction Package & Work Breakdown Structure (W.B.S) to meet the requirements of programme environment of overall project
• Evaluating contractors proposed site organization & planners CV’s and reporting to Engineering/Construction Manager
• Examining & monitoring against approved schedules and contractor’s major construction progress with reference to data shown in Contractor’s Progress Reports
• Visiting project sites to validate whether the progress of work on site is in compliance with approved schedules on regular basis, ensuring major milestones have been met and reporting deficiencies to Construction Manager
o Contractor’s weekly & monthly progress reports and ensuring equipment, material & manpower (resources) are adequate or in case of any shortage report to Engineering / Construction Manager
o Daily, weekly & monthly reports as submitted by Contractor, reporting to Construction Manager any deficiency or non-compliance and notifying to Contractor for any delay & its impact on schedule
o Recovery schedules as submitted by contractors; ensuring manpower & site supervision staffs are increased properly
• Analyzing any claim involving time impact as submitted by contractor and reporting his assessment to Lead Planner / Project Manager / Construction Manager
• Providing input regarding time impact to Contracts Department while preparing GTC-Memo
• Advising Construction Manager of any foreseen slippage of progress and corrective actions to be taken
• Attending weekly progress meeting & monthly executive meetings and participating in preparing the agenda
• Facilitating Engineer / Construction Managers during preparation of Monthly Progress Reports and Monthly Executive Presentations
o Field design changes & trend notices and assessing time impact, if any
o Commissioning plans as submitted by Contractor and ensure its compliance with the approved construction schedule
• Working with PMC staff in reviewing close out reports as submitted by contractors
Contractor – Planner:
o Baseline Programme of works as per scope of works and contract (Clause 14) in Primavera (P6/P3)
o Detail Schedule of works (Level 4 / Level5) as required
o Manpower and Equipment Histograms
o Weekly & monthly updates of base line programme
o Monthly project status report of the project
o Key Quantity Histograms & S-Curves (K.P.I’s)
• Monitoring site progress and reporting / flagging issues to Project Manager
• Assisting EOT Claims Preparation to Contracts Planner
• Collaborating with different departments to meet the progress
• Organizing S-Curve, Resource Forecast & Bi-Weekly Look Ahead Programme
• Played a key role in taking measures to conclude projects on time and within budget
o Highlighting/Flagging the slippage of Scheduled / Planned dates due to incorrect/missing information such as drawings, Project Specifications, Authority approvals...etc at proper time so that there will not be any delay in scheduled completion.
o Highlighting Contractor’s delay and notifying the same to Contractor via client.
• Resolved major labour issues
o Identified Slippage in Planned rate of Progress due to shortage in Contractor’s planned resources (Manpower/Plant/Material) or non-achievability planned Production rate of Key quantities and highlighting the same to Client.
• Identified new vendors which led to reduction in cost
o Monitor with Reference to Contractor’s Approved Project Execution Programme submittal and approval of Sub-contractors and major Key materials so that delay in such Submissions and approvals will not impact Project Completion.
• Successfully executed key projects and overcame challenges
o Project s completed – Lusail CP07C-1C, Sharjah Majestic tower, Kurnool-Cudapa Highway Project.
• Received several appreciation from clients
o Analyse changes proposed/ Potential Client changes impact on scheduled completion of the Project and its impaction on Cost of Project and notifying the same to the client.
Nov’94 – Nov’95 Andhra Pradesh State Police Housing Corporation Ltd. (A.P. Government undertaking), East Godavari Dist., India as Work Inspector
~ Please refer attached Annexure for Project Details ~
At Parsons International Ltd., Qatar:
Title: Lusail City Development Project – Qatar
Description: Infrastructure and Landscape development for upcoming New city to accommodate the requirements for FIFA World Cup in 2022.
• CP-07C-1C – Commercial Boulevard – Major Highway (Road A3 - Two lane dual Carriage way) and LRT Tunnel and Under Gr Car Parks Enabling works – 150 Million -/QR (completed).
• CP-07C-1A – Commercial Boulevard – Road A3 Tunnel (Road and LRT), Trough Structure (accommodating Road A3 and LRT Stations) Fox Hill (LRT) Stations 1, 2 and 3. – Handled from technical evaluation (Post contract) to construction Contract -price 918 Million -/ QR
• CP07C-1B - Commercial Boulevard – Two Storied Under Ground Car Parking (Car Parks – 1, 2, 3 & 4), (Major Highways) Road D3, Road A4, Dry & Wet Utilities, 4 nos. Underground Sub-Stations, 5 nos. LRT station MEP chambers (4 nos. in Road A4 one Energy city Station). Contract Price – 1.23 Billion -/QR
• CP-22 - ATMS/ITS (Automatic traffic management / Integrated Traffic Signaling system) Concept design and Detailed design for Lusail city
• Six Districts Design – Development of town planning guidelines for six Districts of Lusail city
At URS-Scott Wilson (India) – PMC Consultant, Kurnool Dist., Nandyal (India).:
Title: Cuddapa – Kurnool (NH-18)
Description: Four lining of existing double line Highway (double line dual carriage way). Design finance Built Operate Transfer project (PPP-Model). 464 KM consisting of major Bridges (6 Nos) cross drainage works (Culverts) and 2 ROB (Rail Over Bridges). 454 Crores -/INR
At ACC-Simplex Infra Structure – JV, Mumbai (India):
Title: World One Tower Project, King Tower, Mumbai (India)
Description: King Tower – upcoming world tallest residential tower (120 floors), consisting of 2B+7Pd+111 Floors, being executed by Arabian Construction Company (ACC) of Dubai and Simplex of India –JV.
At Shapoorji & Pallonji Company, Libya:
Title: Al-Fatah Tower in Benghazi, Libya
Description: 42 Storied Mixed use Building, Consisting of 5-Star Hotel + Office Floor + Residential floors. Project executed under Cost Plus + Re-measurable Contract, which is a Design and build (Turnkey Project) – 100 Mill EURO.
Al-Naboodah Construction Group (Civil Engineering Division), Dubai:
Title: R881-4 Comprehensive Improvement of Parallel Roads
Description: RTA Project consisting of 24 nos of Bridges and nearly 35 Km of road & storm water drainage RTA Crossings, Lv, HV crossings and other Utilities (all Dry and Wet Utilities). – 1.85 Billion UAE
Harvard Medical School Building in Health care City of Dubai – Consisting Of Ground floor + 5 Floors with indoor Auditorium with high end Finishing’s.
At Ahmed Mansoor Al A’ali (AMA), BSC., Bahrain:
• ASRY – Marine Slipway – 5.8 million B.D, Substation-14 Builiding – 7.5 million BD
• Improvement of Ajirah Avenue road – 1.1 Million BD
• Improvement of Nuwaidrat Village Roads Phase-1 – 798,000 BD
• Improvement of Avenue 71 A’Ali. – 1.3 Million BD
• Improvement of Zaid Bin Omeera Highway – 1.8 Million BD
• Construct Third inlet flume from LLPH to HLPH – Consultant is Halcrow, Client – Bahrain Petroleum company Co., Bsc.,© -3 Million BD
• Rawdha Palace Access Road – 3.65 Million BD
At TAV (Tepe Akfen Investment Construction & Operations), Dubai, UAE:
Title: High Rise Building
• G+6parking+1Health & Recreation floor + 1office floor + 43residential Floors Majestic tower Project of 152 million A.E.D.
• Doha International Airport Terminal Building -1.5 Billion $(USD) – Project Management Consultant: Bechtel international – USA
At Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd., Libya:
• JP-153 - Over Head Transmission Line - 3Million US$ - 3Months – Completed
• JP-7361 - Mabruk Ware House Building - 1.4 Million US$ - 8Months – Completed
• JP-7814 - Construction of Building Frame (R.C.C frame) - 38,000 US $ - 5 months – Completed
• JP-152 - Processing Plant & Field Facilities (GOSP) - 85 Million US $ - 2 years – Completed
• JP-7379 - Const. Of Control room Building At Al-Geryat - 323,988 US $ - 8 Months – Completed
• JP-154 - Completion Works to Industrial Complex - 2.06 Million US $ - 18 Months – Completed
At I.O.I (INDIA) Projects Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad (India):
• Four Storied Gems & Jewelry Park Building, Hyderabad in JV with IOI Corporation of Malaysia, Lanco Group and A.P Tourism Development Corporation 50 Crores -/INR
At Project technologists Pvt. Ltd., Naivaelly (India):
Title: 325 TPD Ammonia System Gas Revamping Project in Naivaelly of Tamil Nadu
Description: Checking progress of construction activities according to schedule and making Costing report. – 2 Crores /- INR Costing report. – 2 Crores /- INR
At Siddharth Constructions Civil Engineering Contractors, Madras (India):
• Executing of Work in field for Construction of Hyundai Car Factory & its Staff Quarters in Tamil Nadu
At Rolls Royce Industrial Power (I) Ltd. (UK based company), (India):
• Construction of 800 Crores /- INR Gas based Combined Cycle 208 Mw Power Plant.
• Consisting of 3 numbers Gas Turbines & 1 Steam Turbine, Diesel Generator building, Sludge Thicker, Sludge Press, Workshops, Chlorination Plant, Cooling Towers, Clarifiers, Sewage Treatment Plant & Ancillary building such as Administration Plant and Dry & Wet Utility Works
At Andhra Pradesh State Police Housing Corporation Ltd. (A.P. Government undertaking), India:
• Construction of Police Quarters at Addateegala, 24 Nos. of Police Constable Quarters, 1 Number CI (Circle Inspector) Quarter, 1 No S.I. (Sub-Inspector) and 1 Pump House
• Construction of Police Quarters at Rajavommangi consisting of 8 Nos. of Police Constable Quarters, 1 Number C.I. Quarter, 1 Number S.I. Quarter and 1 no. Pump House
At P.L. Raju Constructions (P) Ltd., Vizag (India):
• Construction of 100 bedded Hospital Building and all services (DRDA) Project
• Construction of (Gr.Flr+5) Storied 100 bedded Multi storied building, Internal roads, drains, road crossing culverts, so on and related facilities
• Construction of 33/11 kV Sub-station, Switch Yard and Control Building
• Construction of DMDA (Defence Machine Designing Building) and Bottling Building (consisting of flat roofed slab)