Mechanical Piping engineer
Last Updated: 19th August 2017 (over 5 years ago)
MEng. Production Industrial Engineer
— Jul 2017
Minor: Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Management
University of Benin-Benin, Nigeria
Relevant Courses: Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Operations Analysis, Facility Layout and Location, Production and Logistics Planning, Statistical Quality Control, Scheduling and Inventory Control, Construction Management etc.
B.eng. Mechanical Engineering
— Oct 2010
• Set the turnaround planning milestones target dates on the assigned plants/units and follow-up to achieve the target.
• Kick-start the planning process by requesting scope input from the operation, inspection, engineering and maintenance.
• Develop, challenge and finalize the approved scope of work. Identify the long lead materials and lead/guide the planners to order the materials.
• Support the planners with material specification in coordination with engineering support unit. Identify the resources, contracts required to execute the approved final scope of work.
• Draw out an execution plan following the best practices. Prepare the realistic turnaround budget based on the final scope of work and execution plan.
• Initiate and finalize the technical scope of the contracts for contract procurement.
• Lead the team of materials/contract planners to ensure that all the resources are available on or before time.
• Lead the primavera planner/scheduler to prepare the activity schedule, review and finalize the schedule based on the critical path method.
• Challenge and optimize the schedule submitted by the contractors. Develop a risk mitigation plan. Prepare the execution organization chart for approval.
• Finalize and requisition the shops and support facilities.
• Oversee the field preparations by the planners for pre-turnaround activities. Perform assigned duties and responsibilities as part of the approved turnaround execution chart.
• Monitor and track the deviation between the plan and actual. Record the areas of improvement for future, prepare the post-turnaround report, and organize the critique meeting.
— Dec 2016
• Developed valve list and material requirement for valves to combine new and old scope and monitor installation progress
• Designed pipe support to align with stress analysis report and piping system for CCP/CPF and NBFS
• Developed the requisite shell test pressure and seal test pressure works for valves based on ASME B16.34 and API6D.
• Identified pipe lines that require PWHT based on ASME B31.3 requirements
• Supervised fit up and welding of spool to spool or spool to field run pipe together and welding supports
• Generated technical drawings, Work method statements, schematics and computer-generated reports.
• Installation of valves, pipe supports and piping spools.
• Refurbish of Turbine Exhaust Duct & flange, Rain stack Dog Leg, Silencer and Test Ports
• Installation of New Gas Turbine Fuel Gas Filters, Flame Arrestors, Lube Oil pumps etc
• Introduction of Nitrogen gas to adjoining piping of Gas Turbine package for preservation purpose
• Installed new Air Inlet System with filter, Silencer and louver for Gas Turbine
• Investigated equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation and made appropriate repairs and maintenance
• Reviewed design deliverables and ensured Manufacturers Data Sheet meets requirement for equipment’s
• Tracked construction and Installation Project Management System(PMS) to efficiently complete large scale projects
• Installation and Maintenance of pumps, compressors and similar rotating equipment
• Studied scope of piping lines from the layout, P & ID, and isometric drawings
• Created Bills of Materials for piping works and valves based on drawing
• Prepare equipment specifications and datasheets and develop procurement deliverables for equipment packages
• Refurbished reciprocating pumps and centrifugal pumps hence saving company cost of external contract charge.
• Installation of Mechanical equipment e.g. Export Compressor Train Package, Screw Compressor Package, NAG Scrubber vessel, Compressor Train, Water Treatment plant, Instrument Air compression skid etc.
• Coordinated hydro test works for piping spools and valves. Provided mechanical equipment support for static and rotating machinery
• Followed- up the status of spools and field run pipes through reports from fabrication workshop and painting yard and coordinating for transportation these materials to site.
• Implemented preservation schedule for rotating equipment and valves
• Aid Process and I&E Engineers of Design Contractor on facility modifications
— May 2012
• Reviewed Steel Erection drawings and Checked civil foundations elevation before steel columns / frames Erection.
• Supervised ground assembly for main columns with beams to compose frames can be lifted and erected one time.
• Coordinated erection of main steel girders and bracings between frames (with consideration of erection sequence).
• Supervised alignment and bolt tightening for main members of the structure on the main Aligns and Axis before offering for inspection.
• Supervised erection of Dressing (erection of small beams, bracings, angles, C-Channels and other medium & light steel items).
• Coordinated Erection steel handrails and gratings and Inspected balance bolt tightening
• Reviewed Method of statement, specifications, and standards of materials (pipes, fittings, flanges, gaskets… etc.)
• Coordinated with QC department to cover any required NDT or Heat treatment (preferably before lifting to avoid difficult accessibility).
• Coordinated with scaffolding groups to make access for assembly of the whole lines at any elevation (fit up and welding by taking level and alignment into consideration).
• Supervised welding of vents/drains, pipe supports which to be erected in position at structure.
• Coordinated with engineering department to divide piping scope into test packages.
• Closed punch items and release test packages for hydro, service, and visual test.)
• Reinstatement for piping test packages after applying tests and closing punch lists with the main contractor and client.
Rotating Equipment stage
• Installation of new Turbine Package and new DLE burner to existing Turbine package
• Implementation of Turbine maintenance plan based on the recommended EOH
• Utilization of the standard replacement intervals for Turbine hot gas path components e.g. blades, vanes and combustor.
• Supervised shaft alignment for pumps, compressors and turbine and gear systems
— Apr 2008
• Carried out reception of consignment from jetty and Quality Check
• Coordinated House Keeping of warehouse and managed inventory.
• Raised requisition and procurement follow-up ·
• Supervised issuance of material to relevant department
• Carried out preservation and maintenance of warehouse and plant material and perform other job-related duties as assigned