Senior Quantity Surveyor
Last Updated: 29th April 2018 (over 4 years ago)
• Currently working as a Senior Quantity Surveyor for QIRP Goldline Underground Metro Project in Qatar.
• Handled both Pre & Post Contract Administration in various segments such as Metro, Commercial, Residential, Infrastructure, etc.
• Administered FIDIC 99 and other bespoke forms of Contracts.
— Apr 2008
Senior Quantity Surveyor
• Preparing tenders, including but not limited to Pre qualifications of tenderers. Take offs, pre-tender estimates, ITT documents, and the like.
• Administered standard tender process protocols, like pre bid meeting, post tender clarifications, and assisted in technical and commercial evaluation of the tenders.
• Prepared Tender Evaluation report / final award recommendation report to close out the procurement process.
• Drafting Contracts as per the Employer’s requirements in a timely and efficient manner and circulating them for internal approvals before sending them to the Subcontractors/ Service providers.
• Identify and develop new Subcontractors and preparation of procurement schedule.
• Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Advising the Employer on the procurement strategy.
• Coordinating for kick off meeting to ensure a smooth transition for the site team.
• Administer the Contracts, issuing Notices in line with the Contract conditions.
• Assisting Contracts Manager in preparation of interim and final claim particulars.
• Preparation of Interim Valuations, Certification of Subcontractor Payments.
• Quantities take off against IFC Drawings and submission for Procurement.
• Preparation of Variation Orders including back up documents like Rate Breakdown.
• Anticipated final Cost at completion preparation against Good for Construction drawings.
• Preparation of Work Done, Cost to Complete, Management Information System.
• Preparing Weekly progress, Monthly plan and monitoring them.
• Evaluating upstream Variations to the Employer. Identifying the possible claims to the Employer based on site conditions.
• Preparing Cost Value Reconciliation statement on monthly basis to evaluate the performance of the project.
• To Closeout Subcontracts by following the set protocols, which includes Reconciliation of the Works, confirmation regarding performance, and drafting the Final account Agreement.
• Ensuring we follow proper Record keeping / delay analysis and Contractual correspondence.