Last Updated: 14th September 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Worked in Piping engineering also for Oil & gas.
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
— Jul 1996
• Implement training programs and directives in a manner with confidence and commitment on site or classroom.
• Provide coaching, training, and development opportunities for the team to ensure required skill sets are developed and maintained.
• Make inhouse or outsourced personnel qualified for the activities with which they are being asked.
• Skill to train and transfer know how to new or junior employees.
• Develop department training guidelines, and work with departmental personnel to ensure job/task development and knowledge base are maintained at required levels
• Plant availability improved 7% due to emergency handling familiarity.
• Power generation increased by 8% as more awareness in parameters achievement
• On site training improved basic understanding of power plant for freshers.
• Revisiting classrooms improvised Operation Engineers overall performance.
Deputy General Manager
— Jan 2017
Training and development of freshers and experience personnel.
Preparing for ISO certification.
• Manage the operations staff to promote efficient operations and utilization of overtime hours.
• Demonstrate effective management skills in meeting or exceeding facility goals and objectives and support the Plant Manager in ensuring that Facility is performing in accordance with the O&M agreement.
• Set high and challenging productivity and quality standards for self and work group; encourages new ideas and work methods to lower costs and increase productivity, efficiency, quality and safety.
• Monitor inventory levels of chemicals and consumables related to operations to assure adequate supplies are available to maintain operations.
• Direct Operations Department daily activities, including plant lock-out/tag-out.
• Monitor and optimize plant performance. Includes periodic testing, evaluations, and recommendations to the owner for improvement projects with cost benefits and justifications.
• Perform/assist in other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.
• Successfully achieved commissioning of 2x600 MW coal fired units and handover for Operation and Maintenance.
• Improved plant availability by reducing Boiler tube leakages
• Successfully conducted 4 Units (150 MW CFBC Boiler based) Performance Guarantee (PG) test.
• Achieved profit for company by getting additional revenue through training and Simulator program for indigenous and International personnel.
• Developed Standard Operating procedures for O&M of thermal power Units
• Conducted Heat rate management program for other power companies.
— Nov 2011
• Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Developed Erection sequence of HRSG and other Boilers.
• Written Standard Operation Procedure instructions and Operation manual preparation for Client generating extra profit for Company.
• Faster review and approvals for vendor data sheets and drawings.
• Developed Commissioning persons during boiler acid cleaning, alkali boil out, refractory dry out procedures.
— Oct 2010
• Preparing documents for Standard Operation Procedures O&M practices.
• Managing the documentation of Sequence of events and generation reports.
• Handling the commissioning activities, leading a team of Engineers managing daily operation of station.
• Handling the Control Room DCS operation instructions to Desk operators for smooth Alkali Boil Out/Acid cleaning, Steam blowing of new pipe lines.
• Maintaining the records of all instruments and effectively utilize the same to evolve breakdown solutions.
• Encourage the plant staff to incorporate improvements internally to reduce contractor costs.
• Monitor operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed.
• Manage the operations staff. Provide on and off-hour emergency response for operation, operation stabilization and calling in of support personnel as needed.
• Support the HSE Specialist to ensure the facility environmental compliance, including the preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
• Maintain a productive and motivated staff through sound human resource management and the enforcement of personnel policy.
Senior Project Engineer
— Mar 2010
• Being the senior authority within the business ensured from a technical and engineering perspective that what is being designed and delivered - is going to work.
• Checking and challenging the technical / engineering integrity of the project throughout the project lifecycle
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the other discipline heads and leads.
• Monitor and develop junior staff, managing supervision and line management.
• Liaising with clients and stakeholders.
• Provide input and support in the development of the annual budget and annual operating plans to Project Manager.
— Aug 2008
• Delegate projects and tasks to the operations personnel to maintain an acceptable back-log of work orders.
• Provide input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with maintenance department
• Assisting the maintenance in tube leakage and checking pressure parts.
• Conducting preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance of Boiler and Steam Turbine and auxiliaries.