O&G professional with 3 decades of exp in OpEx, QMS (QA/QC), EMS, IMS
Last Updated: 18th November 2017 (over 4 years ago)
• Leaded over 15 Projects from start to finish (Petroleum & Petrochemicals).
• Quality Lead in Product as well as Project QMS in O&G (Petroleum & Petrochemicals).
• Two $6 Billion Refinery projects (Reliance, Jamnagar, India) completed in less than 36 months (www.ril.com).
• Countries worked are India, NZ, Europe, SE Asia, and Middle East.
• Aramco & KJO approved Project Quality Manager (QA as well as QC).
• Over 15 years of experience leading in Manufacturing Quality Scope of Work (Petroleum, Petrochemicals & further polymer end products).
• Master in Polymer Technology.
• QMS Lead Auditor since 1996.
Master in Polymer Technology
— Jun 1990
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry
— Jun 1984
Advisor, Free Lancer Consultant
POSITION: ADVISOR TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Summary: Working as an advisor towards Operational Excellence through implementing Systems - Project Quality Management System, Environment Management System, & Information Management System. Reliance Industries Limited is converting a part of the fuel production for export into Petrochemical Value added products. Project Management Services contract awarded to Fluor for refining and petrochemical projects to be executed in Jamnagar, Gujarat, India. Proposed coke gasification facility is also among the largest such projects ever built.
Scope of work:
- Petroleum coke gasification units
- A refinery off-gas cracker
- Downstream petrochemical plants
- Captive power plant
- Associated utilities and off-sites.
Refinery Off-Gas Cracker Expansion to increase production capacity:
- Ethylene from 1.8 to 3.2 Million Tons per Annum
- Propylene from 0.759 to 0.913 Million Tons per Annum
- Mono Ethylene Glycol from 0.733 to 1.4 Million Tons per Annum
- Low Density Poly Ethylene from 0.19 to 0.59 Million Tons per Annum
- High & Linear Low Density Poly Ethylene from 0.928 to 1.4 Million Tons per Annum
- Para Xylene from 1.8 to 3.6 Million Tons per Annum
- Acetic Acid 1.0 Million Tons per Annum
- Vinyl Acetate Monomer and Poly Vinyl Acetate.
In addition to project management services, Fluor will provide Engineering and Procurement Services for $4 Billion Petroleum Coke Gasification Project. Completed Gasification Project will gasify Petroleum Coke to produce Fuel and Hydrogen for the expanded refinery, petrochemical complexes and Captive Power Plant, as well as feedstock for future chemicals production. Altogether Reliance will spend $11 Billion capital expenditure in this Jamnagar Refinery Extension Program.
Client-2: Oman Oil Company
Position: Free Lancer Consultant - Refinery Optimization Project
Client-3: SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation)
Position: Free Lancer Consultant - Operational Excellence Project, Lead Auditor - Vendor auditing,
Client-4: Aramco Overseas, Den Hague, Netherlands
Position: Lead Auditor - Client/Vendor Auditing, Standards Evaluation and Editing Committee Member,
Client-5: Techint, Bonatti, Technimont, Italy & India
Position: Free Lancer Consultant
PROJECT QUALITY ADVISOR
— Oct 2013
POSITION: PROJECT QUALITY ADVISOR
Worked in Milan, with the Middle East projects and the Clients are Aramco Gulf Operations Company, Kuwait Gulf Oil Company.
Responsibility: Set-up a typical Project Quality Management System, establishing the quality function towards client interface requirements right from the detail designing, engineering, material procurement, testing and transportation, up to the construction, installation, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, assistance in commissioning, start-up & performance testing of the facilities for the projects.
Overall Responsibility of all ME projects.
Additional responsibility of 8 (Middle East + Europe) Projects towards specific self-inserted topics & targets (a) Cost of Quality, (b) Customer Satisfaction Index & (c) Lessons Learned.
QUALITY ASSURANCE & CONTROL MANAGER (ADVISING BASE)
— Jan 2011
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE & CONTROL MANAGER (ADVISING BASE)
Responsibility: Overall leading of Projects and Corporate Quality Assurance & Control, Develop, Implement and improve Quality Management System specific to end client (Aramco) requirements.
Saudi Aramco Projects in Eastern Province: (1) Up-gradation of Flare System at Uthmaniyah & Shedgum Gas Plants, (2) Optimize Production at Mubarraz, (3) Upgrade Plants & Utilities at Abu Ali.
Bonatti when captured another Engineering Procurement & Construction Company named Carlo Gavazzi Arabia and they are in the stage of becoming largest Lump sum turnkey Engineering Procurement & Construction provider in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Manpower Selection, Preparation of Project Quality Plan and overall Quality Management System set-up at sites.
- Develop Procurement Project Quality Plan and a System, coordinating with Aramco Vendor Inspection Department. Trained to Procurement Quality Personnel towards client specific process requirements in Procurement System, Vendor Inspection, Inspection Assignment Package Preparation, Project Information Management Reports and Interaction with Aramco Material Specialist and Vendor Inspection Department on various issues and steps during Project Procurement, approvals, etc.
- Getting approvals from Project Inspection Department & Vendor Inspection Department towards Bonatti Quality Personnel and Documentation needs.
- Developing various formats & reports: Monthly Quality Reports, Minutes of Meetings, Management Review Meeting Reports, Audit Reports, Non Compliance Reports, Project Information Management Reports, and Weekly Procurement Progress Reports for Vendor Inspection Department.
- Inserting ‘Project Quality Managers’ in Aramco process of project progress meetings for design, procurement; construction, kick-off.
- Training to the Staff on Aramco Project Specific Needs on Quality Management System; use of Aramco Standards, Understanding Schedule-Q and Quality System Deliverables, Coordinating System with Project Inspection Department & Vendor Inspection Department.
- Developing Special Process Procedures, Welding Procedure Qualification Record, Welding Procedure Specification, Welder Qualification Test & getting approvals of Project Inspection Department.