Chartered IOSH Member ; MIACE
Last Updated: 20th September 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Lastly I also serve on the national executive for the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health , Director Education (Saiosh). IOSH SA – Director and my a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: ESTJ.
Well qualified and skilled in strategic HSE management and planning, problem solving, auditing and risk assessments (safety, occupational health, occupational hygiene, psycho-social stresses and environmental risk), HSE project management, training course development and implementation, HSE systems development and implementation. Able to communicate from shop floor to executive management level.
Personal qualities include self-driven, target (results) orientated, proactive, assertive and precise. Driven to achieve operational efficiency. Imaginative HSE problem solving abilities.
Post Graduate Certificate in Workplace Health (Distinction)
— Aug 2013
Passed with Distinction
— Sep 2017
Nat. Higher Dip Public Health
Majors Industial Hygiene and Environmental Management
SITE HSE MANAGER
— Jul 2017
• Represent the Client (Liberian Electrical Company) as the HSE Resident HSE manager for the total project
• Rebuild Power House with 4, 23Mw Units, 3 Substations, and two overhead 63Kv transmission lines
• Ensure all contractors (5 principle) are carrying out legal obligations as per contract on behalf of Donors – USA, Germany, Norway, and in conjunction with World Bank Requirements and IFC.
• Manage my team re: Audits, Project Director/Manager interface with Contract Managers
• Perform Complex and normal Occupational Hygiene measures on behalf of the client
• Ensure erection, stringing and testing/ commissioning of overhead line is done in a safe manner
HSE COMMISSIONING MANAGER
— Aug 2014
Worley Parsons representing client – Oman Oil Company: Exploration and Projects
• Get Refinery ready for Commissioning
• Check explosion studies and case studies
• Develop HSE PTW commissioning system
• Staff – 30 persons, Engineers / HSE Personnel and Environmentalists
• Pre-commissioning with loading 180t of reagents into system e.g. 60T propane
• Develop HSE Emergency plan
• Review all Commissioning documents for the Refinery
• Develop HSE Commissioning plan including resources, emergency equipment, measuring equipment
being OHSCR (UK) as a registered consultant.