Senior Project Planning Engineer /Project Engineer
Last Updated: 31st July 2017 (over 5 years ago)
• Currently designated as Project Engineer /Senior Planner for Bumi Armada Pte Ltd,at Keppel Shipyard, Singapore from 2015. Involved in EPCIC FPSO project for Angola block 15/06, for client ENI. Project comprise of VSCC conversion, to FPSO with 25 Topsides modules (Crude oil stabilization, Produced water,Power generation-house etc) and Turret, Turret decks /Swivel .
• Worked for McDermott Asia Pacific for 7+ years, in various EPCIC upstream projects serving subsea and topsides projects for operators – Chevron, Shell, Petronas, Murphy, INPEX etc.
• Worked as Project planning & project controls coordinator Murphy Siakap sub-sea EPCIC project for flow lines, risers and umbilical’s installation along with various subsea hardware from April 2012- Nov 2014.
• Worked as Project Coordinator & Planning Engineer for Chevron Platong Gas-2, EPC Project for CPP Topsides and LQM modules (1.5 billion USD worth project) successfully completed the project (June 2008 – Dec 2011).
• Project overall scope of work includes Fabrication & Installation of Topsides Central Processing Platform, Living Quarters, Utility Deck and Float over installations, Jackets and Bridges.
• Result oriented planning & controls professional. Worked on new project controls and initiatives as part of driving project operations excellence.
• Initiative and proactive approach for sustaining project controls objectives for interfacing with Planning, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication & Commissioning objectives for optimizing coordinated operations.
• Extensive project overall progress reporting & coordination with client and reliable monitoring.
• Liaise and work with multidisciplinary project teams, in schedules development and cost control upkeep.
• Around 5 year experience as Planning Engineer for EPC Projects (Larsen & Toubro Limited, and Kirloskar Brothers Ltd India)
• Well-versed with Primavera 6.0, MS Project & MS-Office and Possess strong Communication and Inter personal skills.
• Conversant with techno-commercial feasibility aspect of project reporting, experience in large bids proposals & Change management.
• Excellent team player, Initiative and proactive approach for sustaining project control objectives.
Senior Project Planner
Generate weekly and monthly reports/P6 extracts for customer/stakeholders. Ensure all the potential delays are highlighted to project management and propose possible mitigation for improvement.
Monitor Sub-contractor Keppel for refurbishment & conversion works for WBT /COT Tanks, accommodation facilities, fabrication of module stools, engine room /pump room refurbishment, piping & HVAC works and various Electrical & Instrumentation cable laying and commissioning works.
Managed various sub-contractors in Singapore for Topsides modules (21 Modules each weighing ~up to 2500MT) with heavy equipment & complex duplex piping and tubing works and structural fabrication. Managed overseas contractors in UAE and other parts of the world for various skids fabrication for topsides.
Monitored E-house contractor progress independently using mini schedules and various planning tools.
Instrumental in management reporting for various phases of the FPSO project from conversion phase to commissioning phase. Liaise with functional heads to meet the project schedule for Marine, Topsides, Turret including rigid arm.
Demonstrated excellence in reviewing project execution by using various monitoring tools (run-down curves, mini timescale plans) and providing valuable solutions, considering overall yards workload to complete the projects on schedule. Pivotal in conducting regular meeting with client project team to address productions issues.
Liaised with functional heads for resources and to ensure the effective supervision for monitoring and control of the work in relevance to project requirement, policy and procedures.
Asses and monitored progress of project at various stages which includes integration of modules, N2He leak test, commissioning of various sub-systems (75 Nos), sea trail within time frame for sail away. Support Offshore planning for first oil, complying to various parameters required for pre-startup.