Project Control Engineer/Manager/ Senior Planning Engineer
Last Updated: 14th March 2018 (over 4 years ago)
• Proven competence in project planning including 4D technique, preparation of Level I, II, III & IV schedules using Primavera P-6 v8.3 and MS Project, progress measurement system, progress monitoring , updating schedules, workface planning, and providing forecasts & look-ahead schedules
• Skilled in measuring project progress through earned value management, identifying risks and factors likely to impact schedules and proposing effective corrective measures.
• Excellent skills in the preparing, reviewing and endorsing the Extension of time claims and Delay analysis
• Experienced in preparing, reviewing and endorsing for approval engineering procurement, construction & commissioning schedules.
• Deft coordinating with representatives of clients & contractors on all matters related schedule revisions, subject & recovery plans, look-ahead schedules, finalizing change orders and validating progress claims.
• Proficient in working with multinational teams with excellent communication, coordinating, problem solving, decision making, planning & execution skills to deliver consistently superior performances.
Programme Scheduling Engineer
— Mar 2018
• Heightened the Project control requirements in the standard contract document to ensure the alignment of Contractor’s project controls with organizational standards.
• Detailed analysis of bidder’s high level schedule, project execution plan, risk register and resource histograms during Technical Bid evaluation.
• Developed a new progress measurement system for Design, procurement and construction phases of the project.
• Comprehensive review, analysis and approval of contractor’s planning package which includes Baseline schedule, progress measurement system, WBS, CBS, Engineering register, Procurement register, construction register, manpower deployment, equipment details and project calendar.
• Producing the weekly and monthly reports and maintaining the programme level schedule and developing weekly dash boards.
• Effective participation in internal and external weekly and monthly meetings to raise the risks and concerns to complete the project on schedule.
• Delay investigation and thorough examination of Extension of time claims (EOT) from contractors and provided recommendations to Contract depart for further negotiations.
— Apr 2016
• Development of revised planning package including all control registers for Engineering, Procurement , Subcontractors, Construction, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning and ensuring the adherence to contract and client comments on previous revisions
• Carry out the schedule risk analysis by developing the risk model and using Primavera Risk analysis software.
• Critical path analysis to ensure that adequacy of project schedule
• Coordination with engineering manager for on time issuance of balance engineering deliverables.
• Follow up with Procurement manager for issuance of remaining purchase orders and delivery expedition at site.
• Development of three week look ahead schedule and ensuring the implementation at supervision level
• Preparation, review and issuance of internal and external daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Development of progress invoices and solving all client’s objections and concerns by providing all substantiating documents and data.
Planning and Scheduling Engineer
— Nov 2015
• Providing schedule analysis, schedule optimization, delay and impact analysis to different projects across the organization.
• Producing reports and high level presentation to communicate project progress, to elaborate the problems and to trigger the brain storming sessions.
• Research and development to enhance the existing procedures and introducing the best practices in the organization.
Senior Planning and Scheduling Engineer
— Sep 2014
• Participate in project control activities during construction, pre-commissioning & commissioning phases.
• Interface with project control team of EPC contractors for schedule revisions and preparation of subject schedules, recovery schedules, 3-week look-ahead schedules and progress measurement procedures
• Assure project integrity & quality by reviewing & analyzing updated schedules, weekly & monthly progress report and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
• Closely working with EPC contractor and providing inputs to improve planning process, reporting system and progress.
• Validate progress claims of contractors and ensure adherence to project schedules through frequent visits to the site.
• Evaluate change notices from contractors and determine possible impact on schedules.
• Prepared required status reports & forecasts based on contractors’ performances and presentations for senior management.
— Jan 2012
• Developed integrated level IV baseline schedules for assigned project based on execution philosophy, scope of work and contractual requirements.
• Created progress measurement system aligned to project work breakdown structure (WBS) and contract specifications based on project complexity.
• Monitored progress on daily, weekly & monthly basis. Prepared S-curves, man-hour histograms and analyzed delays & productivity using earned value management.
• Updated master schedule of the project & micro-schedules of major components of the project.
• Developed overall project budgets based on bid and level IV schedule.
Trainee Planning Engineer
— Jun 2007
• Developed commissioning schedule and supported commissioning and start-up team in commissioning
• Monitored, controlled and reported progress of construction activities.