Planning engineer position and having 9+ years’ expereince
Last Updated: 22nd September 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Proficient in development and maintenance of Detail Project Schedule with expertise in Primavera P6.
Experienced in site supervision and multidimensional execution of projects along with optimizing resource utilization and conceptualizing and implementing cost control measures.
Take a lead role in the implementation of a comprehensive ERP & Document Control System.
Deft in swiftly ramping up projects in close coordination with project managers, project directors, contractors, architects, consultants & other external agencies and ensuring on time deliverables
BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
— May 2007
• Diploma Mechanical from Vivekananda Polytechnic College, Tamilnadu Affiliated to DOTE in 2004
• MMV (ITI) from Sri Venkateshwara Industrial Training Institute, Tamilnadu Affiliated to NCVT in 2001
• Plan for Maintenance Orders (PM, Calibration, Corrective etc.) the required details to perform including: steps, resources, estimated time, crew size, and completion dates.
• Schedule Maintenance Orders, PM Orders, and Calibration Orders to be completed by the Maintenance crews based on calculated net capacity and priorities.
• Coordinate routine Meetings with Maintenance Engineering / Operation Supervisors.
• Prepare and submit progress reports, KPI
• Responsible for initiating the requisitioning process for all MRO materials and optimize MRO inventory.
— Apr 2017
• Prepare Level 4 EPC Schedule for Workshop Building , TCF & Warehouse.
• Prepared Progress S-curves, Manpower & Quantity Histogram from primavera.
• Plan and integrate the schedule of projects during planning and implementation stage and co-ordinate with other departments by maintaining close communication to ensure the execution of projects activities are aligned and do not interfere with each other.
• Utilize appropriate scheduling tools and technology; analyze the output to ensure the projects and plant changes are on track, meet desired milestones.
— Feb 2015
• Liaison and consultation with the PM/SM and PE for evaluation of resource & equipment requirement for the activities to be undertaken under individual Purchase Orders, Integrated Activity Planning and Shutdown Planning.
• Planning for the long and short-term resource requirements based on workload forecasts for annual, 90 days and 40 days plan issued by Company. Maintain plan windows with associated plan update frequencies as noted below:
• Organize and lead internal planning meetings with SM, WC, PE, etc. Estimate durations and progress measurements based on norms where available and relevant.
• Progress percentage tables and S Curves: Planned original, planned revised, actual and forecast for Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Overall.
• Cost Status: Original PO Value, approved changes, latest approved PO value, Planned Value of Work, Actual Value of Work Done, Estimated value of uncommitted work, and anticipated Ultimate Net Value of Work.
• Projects KPI’s and Highlights & Issues; Material and Equipment Procurement Tracking status report as per Section of the Contract.
— Jan 2013
• Effectively coordinate with Engineering Consultants & Customer Consultants, Sub vendors & construction contractors for completion of activities as per agreed timelines to ensure completion as per the project plan. Maintain the Project Guarantees for necessary extension and cancellation.
• Monitoring project progress and providing status report to the project managers and customers. Providing technical information to Subcontractors on changing customer needs, competitive information, drawing revision/updating.
• Review Scope change requests for the impact on schedules and critical path of the project.
• Verifying the bills of subcontractors for correctness and accuracy as per work at site.
• Periodic visit to site for joint review with Customer, explaining the scope Clarification and providing execution layouts / Drawings and key plans.