Commissioning Engineer E&I
Last Updated: 13th August 2017 (over 5 years ago)
COMMISSIONING ENGINEER- E&I
Cell: +971-509781109, 555093529
Seeking a challenging position with growth potentials in a progressive organization which provides ample opportunities for enhancing and using my creative, technical skills and to be a part of the team that works dynamically towards the growth of the organization
• Hardworking and resourceful Instrumentation Commissioning Engineer with extensive knowledge in the field of electrical, electronics and instrumentation. Experienced in Pre-commissioning & Commissioning, modern process control & Instrument system installation, calibration, loop checking, testing, maintenance & break down analysis. Good knowledge of Fire & Gas, Safety Instrumented System (SIS), Emergency Shutdown (ESD), Process Shutdown (PSD), Process Control System (PCS). Strong knowledge of commissioning procedures and policies, loop drawing, sequence logic, relay logic, electrical diagram, P&ID’s. BOSIET trained, Familiarized with International standards and working experience with different client/third party organizations such as NDC, Petrofac, ZADCO, Dubai Petroleum, Seajacks, Noble Corp, NDC, Jindal, Ensco, ABS, DNVGL etc.
• Self-motivated, Capable of setting up useful priorities and take instant decisions and apply them to meet given deadline. Adjust easily to innovative concepts and tasks. Currently working as Commissioning Engineer- E&I in Lamprell Energy Ltd., Sharjah , UAE
COMMUNICATION & ORGANIZATION RELATIONS
Reporting directly to the Commissioning manager, frequent and direct communications with discipline engineering & QC team, respective team leader and site team
Regular communications with clients, consultants and vendors for smooth execution of project
DETAILED WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Lamprell Energy Ltd, Sharjah, UAE (From June 2013 to May 2017)
Lamprell, based in the UAE and with over 40 years experience, is a leading provider of fabrication, engineering and contracting services to the offshore and onshore oil & gas and renewable energy industries. Lamprell involved in building complex offshore and onshore process modules as well as fixed platforms and topsides, and hold leading market positions in the fabrication of shallow water drilling jackup rigs, multi-purpose liftboats, land rigs, and rig refurbishment projects. Lamprell employs approximately 9,000 people across multiple facilities. With its primary fabrication yards located in Hamriyah, Sharjah and Jebel Ali, all of which are in the UAE, and facilities in Saudi Arabia through a joint venture agreement. Lamprell is listed on the London Stock Exchange
Designation: Commissioning Engineer E&I
• Ensure Compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and security (HESE) procedure and responsibilities.
• Prepare pre-commissioning and commissioning procedure for all system to class and client ensuring that all procedures are approved prior to commissioning commencing.
• Pre-commissioning and commissioning of Rotary equipment’s &systems like Air Compressors, Mud Pumps, Fluid Transfer Pumps
• Pre-commissioning and final commissioning Main & Emergency Engines, load testing coordination
• Pre-commissioning & Commissioning of Fire & Gas, ESD & other safety systems
• Maintenance, troubleshooting & Commissioning of Instruments which include Solenoid Valves, Control valves, Motor operated valves, Pressure Switch, Flow meter, limit switches, Proximity sensor, Vibration Monitor, RTDs, Thermocouples etc.
• Commissioning of IMSS SYSTEM- Tank gauging ,Alarm system & Navigation system
• Commissioning of Transformers, Lighting panel & HVAC systems
• Commissioning of Water Maker- Fresh water Generators, Sewage Treatment Plant, Potable and sanitary water systems, Oily water Separators, Shale Shakers, Mud Agitators, Hydraulic Power Packs (HPU) and Rig utility Equipment’s
• Carry out commissioning/maintenance of VFD drive (Mud pump, Top drive, Rotary table, Draw works), Engine Control Panel, Bop pump accumulator, Drilling Equipment’s, etc. With vendors like CAT, NOV, Cameron, LTI, See deep etc.
• DCS loop checking, DCS, ESD and PLC logic test, test forms and ready for Start-up
• Loop checking/ loop testing/ functional and matrix testing of Air Handling Unit AHU) instruments such as pressure/temperature/flow transmitters/ switches
• Installation and commissioning of DCS , KONGSBERG Marine AS 7.1 System & 700 K-CHIFE and K-TRUST,K-BRIGE,K-POS, K-SAFE & DP System [for Seajacks Hydra DP Vessel with KONGSBERG 700 system version 8.2]
• Performing of control loop checking, calibration, recalibration, troubleshooting, verification and simulation of various instrumentation and control instruments
• Field instrument installation based on location plan and Piping instrument diagram (P & ID)
• To assist construction departments by defining of priority systems according with overall construction and pre-commissioning & commissioning planning and schedule
• Checking for readiness of mechanical completion dossiers of systems, accordingly with QA&OC system, in collaboration with others departments and client representatives
• Development of pre-commissioning & commissioning list for populating of the commissioning IT tracking tool (PIMS) with engineering data. I.e. equipment list, instrument list, cable schedule, etc.
• Outline and preparation of Ready for Commissioning – Mechanical Completion Certificates and Handover dossiers, ITR’s through commissioning IT tracking tool (PIMS)
• Liaising with clients, consultants & vendors like NOV, Cameron, CAT, ABS, DNV, KONGSBERG etc. for smooth execution of project and resolving problems in site execution
• Ensure that all punch list items are resolved, client handover s satisfactorily concluded ad that there is no prolongation of project.
• Maintaining lesson learnt register for the project for future reference
• UZ750 ZADCO: The UZ750 project is in the Upper Zakum oilfield, 84 kilometers north-west of Abu Dhabi. Involved in Pre-commissioning and Commissioning of ESD valves, Controlvalves, Pressure transmitter of NPAR-05, NPAR-43, NPAR-16, CPAR-01D modules.
• JALILAH-B PLATFORM: A new platform, Jalilah B, will be installed 3 km north-east of Jalilah A. This platform will have Facilities for both gases lift production and water injection. Jalilah B will be unmanned facility, providing facilities for 12 well slots (six producers plus six injectors). Jalilah B wellhead platform shall have tie back connection to Fateh process complex.Involved in the pre-commissioning of main engine, switch board, loop check and commissioning of pressure transmitters, RTD’s, lever transmitters, pre-commissioning of WHSP, chemical injection skid, pre-commissioning of Fire and Gas, ESD system, pre-commissioning of control and shutdown valves.
• ENSCO 140 & ENSCO 141:LeTourneau designed ABS Class new build Super 116E Jack up drilling rigs. The rig has water depth operating capability of 340ft and can drill to a depth of 30000ft, with luxury quarter for 105 crew
• Project Seajacks Hydra: Is a new Seajacks vessel with Gusto MSC NG2500Z self-elevating and self-propelled Jack-Up. The Vessel will be equipped with dynamic positioning, high speed jacking system and a 400t crane. The ABS class self-propelled jack-up has been designed specifically to service the wind farm installation market in the harsh operating environment of the North Sea, as well as to provide services to the oil and gas industry [Client: Sea Jacks UK ltd.]
• Project Jindal Star, Jindal Pioneer and Greatship Chaaru: LeTourneau designed ABS Class new build Super 116E Jack up drilling rigs. The rig has water depth operating capability of 350ft and can drill to a depth of 30000ft, with luxury quarter for 105 crew [Client: Jindal Pipes Ltd]
• Project NDC Rig 5, 6, 7, 8, 9: LeTourneau designed ABS Class new build Super 116E Jack up drilling rigs. The rigs has water depth operating capability of 150ft and can drill to a depth of 20000ft, with luxury quarter for 100 crew [Client: National Drilling Company]
• Project MOS : Rig refurbishment work involved new accommodation& hull steel replacements
• Project ENSCO 54: Major rig refurbishment work involving Hull steel replacement, Piping & drilling package compliance with Saudi Aramco requirements
• BE in Electronics & Communications from Sri Devi Institute of Technology, Mangalore, India in the year 2012 with aggregate of 63%
o Seminar Presented: WIFI based Rural Extensions (WIRE)
o Project: Smart Helmet
• Diploma in Electronics & Communication from SNS Polytechnic, Mangalore, India in the year 2009 with aggregate of 72%
• Complete Automation Training Program held at SMEC labs (SMEC Automation Pvt. Ltd.), Mangalore, India. PLC’s
Siemens: S7 200- Microwin32, Simatic, CPU 224 & Version-6.3
AB (Allen Bradley): RXLogix500/SLC500, Micro Logix, RX Logix, 1400 Series B, Version-5.50
Schneider Electric (Modicon M340): Unity Pro XL with CPU P34 2020, Analog BMXAMM0600 and Digital BMX DDM16022
InTouch: Wonderware lnTouch Version 10.0
IFIX: GE Fanuc IFIX Version 5.0
Telemecanique Magelis XBT-GT (Touchscreen), XBT-N
Telemecanique Altivar- 28, 38 & 58 Series, ATV71
Control Panel Design, Instrumentation (Sensors)
Process Control Development
• BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training), Valid until 17/11/2018
• Basic Hydrogen Sulphide Training
• Training of ‘Mobile Communications’ from Telecom Training Centre, BSNL (govt. Of India), Mangalore
• Commissioning completion software, PIMS
• MS Office Package: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• MS Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista
• Effective team player with good Communication Skills and Excellent listening skills
• Adaptable to any environment and Culture.
• Motivated and Adaptable to new Challenges
• Quick learner, Goal driven, Multicultural, Multilingual
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Working Out in Gym, Playing Cricket, Travelling
• Net surfing, Using new software’s
Date of Birth : 31st May 1989
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Marital Status : Single
Languages Known : English, Hindi, Kannada, and Tulu
Permanent Address : Kaikamba, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
I hereby declare that information furnished above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Place : Sharjah
Electronics & Communication
— Jun 2012
Commissioning Engineer E&I
— Apr 2017