Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, M tech + 6 years
Last Updated: 23rd December 2018 (over 3 years ago)
My name is Sanal K S and I am an instrumentation engineer with 6+ years of experience in design, detailed engineering, selection & sizing, automation programming on DCS/ PLC platforms, QC inspection, erection, commissioning and maintenance for Electrical & Instrumentation engineering.
I have worked with sugar, power, water treatment, oil & gas and refineries, boiler, turbine etc. for E&I design, erection, commission & maintenance.
Academically, completed M tech in process Control & Instrumentation engineering and B tech in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
Currently working as an Assistant Manager, Process Control & Automation and also HOD, Electrical & Instrumentation with Industrial Boilers Ltd in India.
Presently, I am residing in Dubai on visiting visa, valid until 30/01/2019 and actively looking for a job vacancy of Instrumentation Engineer. Kindly consider my profile for the vacancy of Instrumentation / Electrical / Automation Engineer.
Thanks & Regards,
SANAL K S
Master of Engineering
— Jun 2012
Bachelor of Engineering
— May 2010
Assistant Manager / HOD, Electrical & Instrumentation
• Automation Project marketing, sales & kicks off meeting and scope definition.
• Electrical & Instrumentation purchase specifications and vendor meeting for Boiler and Turbine.
• Supervising Instrument design, selection & sizing for switches, transmitters, control valves and analyzers.
• IO calculation, Controller requirements and Control philosophy for logics and interlocks.
• In house DCS, PLC programming and SCADA/ HMI development.
• MCC panel design, manufacturing and control scheme design for DCS and electrical operation.
• Cable selection, sizing, tray, JBs for E&I.
• Quality Management System for ISO auditing and instrument calibration as per ISO/IEC.
• QC inspection to vendor works for Instruments and control valves.
• Conducting FAT & SAT
• Site Erection, Calibration and Commissioning.
Project Engineer - Instrumentation
— Dec 2014
• Selection and sizing of field instruments for Boiler, turbine, water treatment and process plants.
• Instrumentation Design of P & ID, Hook ups, Cable schedule and tray.
• Calculation of the project I/O requirements and DCS specifications.
• Electrical control panel design and VFD panel design.
• Designing of MCC marshaling layout and electrical serial communication protocols.
• Logic development and programming DCS systems for process loops and interlocks requirements.
• Quality Control inspection for instruments, FAT for control systems and dispatch management.
Management Trainee - Instrumentation
— Oct 2013
• Maintenance engineer with a team of 13 members for Boiler, Turbine, sugar processing boiling house and Distillation columns for Extra Neutral Alcohol.
• Hands on experience on all field devices, buses, RTUs I/O cards and Communication protocols with HART.
• Preventive maintenance and calibration of all filed transmitters, analyzers, chromatographs, switches and control valves for water treatment, Boiler, turbine, sugar plant and refinery.
• Maintenance of MCC panel, feeders, starters and AC, DC drives.