Business Development / Sales Manager
Last Updated: 19th December 2018 (over 3 years ago)
— Jun 1994
Sales & Operations Manager
• Managing the operations side in executing a project with Bechtel in Egypt
• Heading the quotations team to prepare quotes for the project
• Discussing with different manufacturers for AMID representation In Egypt
• Managing the stock profile for AMID
• Placing strategies for AMID Egypt to target the different end users and projects
• Managing the expediting team to make sure that the materials to be delivered on time.
• Managed to get 3 manufacturers representation in Egypt
• Secured 45 Million EGP of sales in 9 months
• Registered the company in 25 Oil, Gas, Petrochemicals and Contractors in 9 months
Project Manager / Sales Manager
— Dec 2016
• Develop & ensure compliance to project proposals with due dates and prioritize enquiries based on various of project aimed at enhancing team productivity
• Maintain updated list of products requiring enhancements as well as developing new products based on evaluating market feedback
• Collaborate with various support teams in ensuring compliance to project delivery schedules and other Service Level Agreement parameters
• Provide technical guidance to team members and other teams in evaluating and interpreting critical technical data and impact of implementing process improvement initiatives
• Enhance system performance by modifying various processes and performing system upgrades based on latest technological trends
• Participate in various project review meetings highlighting project progress to the senior management team to enable effective decision making related to expediting processes
• Interact with the senior management team and clients on team performance and action plans for maintaining service levels across various phases of operations
• Heading the proposal team and concentrating that all aspects of the proposal such as Terms and Conditions, Payment Terms, Delivery Period and deviation list is all clearly outlined.
• Work in collaboration with the sales team once a project is identified to work on a strategy on how to influence the customer’s specifications.
• Played key role in setting up the Saudi facility from products perspective based on evaluated market requirements and collated market intelligence on competition
• Rated high for successfully delivering projects worth $2.8 Million within 1 year of taking charge. Related products were Panel Boards for Saudi Aramco, Lighting for Saudi Maaden, Panel Boards and Control Stations for Kenya Pipeline Company.
• Created a proposal checklist and Tiering tool to identify which proposal will be qualified and needs to be handled by the project team.
• Prepared a product enhancement list based on the market requirements and presented it to the related product managers highlighting also the expected increase in sales volume.
• Assisted in securing ADMA OPCO – Technip Project – Additional Gas Facilities
Sales & Business Development
Sales Manager – Abu Dhabi / Egypt / Yemen, Jul 2010 – Jan 2014 based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
Territory Sales Manager, Kuwait / Egypt / Yemen / UAE / Qatar / Libya / Qatar & Oman May 2008 - Jul 2010 based in Dubai, UAE
• Train distributors on regular basis both technically and commercially via regular presentations and tests to highlight to distributor management the outcome of the presentations and trainings.
• Set up strategies aimed at retention/ enhancement of existing market share in the assigned territory through distribution. Collate market intelligence on competition and other market trends for restructuring of business strategies
• Build / maintain productive business relationship with key decision makers across existing client / prospect organizations for identification and development of new business opportunities
• Interact with production to align requirements to business deliverables followed by drafting minutes of meetings with specific action points
• Render qualitative presentations highlighting organizational / product capabilities to enhance brand awareness during exhibitions and promotional campaigns
• Collaborate with clients in conducting product enhancement studies aimed at upgrading of products based on technological trends
• Focus on enhancing market penetration for Explosion Proof products across target market segments in the assigned territory
• Build & maintain productive business relationship with distributors, customers & major accounts for effectively closing identified business deals
• Conduct product demonstrations and technical presentations to EPC’s based aimed at enhancing business generation. Follow up with existing clients for generating repeat business for various product lines
• Focus on enhancing profitability of various products and organize promotional campaigns to enhance regional brand awareness
• Successfully conducted site surveys in Ruwais & Habshan by identifying opportunities leading to securing 3-year maintenance agreements with ZADCO, NDC including GASCO and Borouge. Total Value of Additional Sales $3M every 3 years starting from FY 2010
• Rated high for securing project orders with J Ray McDermott, Technip, NPCC and other EPCs as well as for consistently surpassing annual business targets. Total value of projects secured $2.5M in FY 2010
• Increasing sales in Qatar via educating distributor by 200% in FY2009
• Adding extra sales via Dubai Distributor by educating the distributor about an existing product range by 100% in FY2009
• Secured Sales in via Egypt Distributor for different projects in Commercial and Food & Beverage Industries by 50%
• Completing registration in ADMA OPCO and updating registration in all of the OPCOs.
Inside Sales Engineer Jan 2006 – May 2008 Based in Dubai, UAE.
• Prepare a Techno-Commercial Bid for Inquiries received from Distributors.
• Assist distributors in the technical meeting during bid evaluation.
• Manage the deadline of quotes and prioritize based on different aspects such as quick turnaround from customer, percentage of securing orders, quality of feedback from customer.
• Successfully training 2 new colleagues on proposal software and technical training.
• Assisting in securing $200K from L&T in India for an ONGC project to supply junction boxes.
• Held regular technical training sessions to distributors, end users and EPCS.
Operations & Administration
• Interact with OPCOs in the ADNOC Group, such as NDC, ZADCO, GASCO, Takreer, Borouge, ARAMCO, SABIC, PDO, QatarGas, Qatar Petroleum, QATAR Chemicals based on business and operational requirements
• Optimize resource utilization & streamline processes for enhancing operational efficiency & departmental profitability
• Acquaint team members with organizational policies & procedures for implementing the same in day to day business transactions
• Evaluate team performance & render productivity enhancement feedback. Organize training sessions for team members based on identified training needs
• Prepare & present various status reports for the senior management and other stakeholders to enable effective decision making
• Industries targeted were Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Power Plants in Abu Dhabi in addition to Emirates Aluminum Company.
Electrical Sales Engineer
— Oct 2005
• Adept at interacting with various clients and customers for repeat / referral business and long-lasting business relationships.
• Effectively conceptualized and planned robust sales and marketing plans for smooth functioning of the organization.
• Developed new profitable business partners (Dealers, Distributors, Stockiest) from main competition vendors, analyzed latest marketing trends and tracked competitor’s activities to provide valuable inputs for fine tuning sales & marketing strategies
• Effective Customer Relationship Management through satisfactory customer service, timely resolution of customer queries.
• Industries targeted were Power Plants, Oil & Gas and Petrochemicals.
Increased sales in a year from $75K to $350K
Downstream Sales Engineer
— Oct 2004
• Identified the aggressive business acquisition of corporate key accounts with long term and sustainable buying potential and maximize revenue generation for measuring instruments such as flow meters, flow computers, safety relief valves and liquid sampling systems
• Mapped business dynamics with continuous monitoring competitor moves, product evaluation and changing needs for realigning strategies for business development.
• Provided technical support to clients in electrical products for hazardous areas through working with Appleton Grp.
Increased sales from $20K to $400K
— Jun 2001
• Maintained active interaction with existing clients to rebuild confidence ensuring prolonged retention. Explored new business opportunities through systematic prospecting to generate business enquiries
• Involved in installing commissioning, startup of underground tank gauging system and flow meters, and trained the customers on its operation
• Conducted seminars and training courses for Explosion Proof Areas and their different classifications.
Increased sales from $100K to $600K
Techno - Commercial Engineer
— Dec 1995
• Proposals was taking care of LV and Medium Voltage Switchgear up to 36kV.
Preparing a format for quicker quotation preparation