Electrical Engineer / Project Engineer
Last Updated: 20th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
• Power system studies through ETAP (Electrical Transient Analysis Program) and Conditioning & monitoring of electrical Asset which includes short circuit study, load flow study, demand load calculation etc.
• Selection of major electrical equipment including HV, MV & LV Switchgears, Transformers, Diesel Generators, MCC, VFD, Motor Starters (RVSS, Star-Delta, DOL etc.), Fire Trace system, Fire Alarm & Fire Fighting system, General Lighting and ELV Systems (Access control, CCTV, Public Address System, Intrusion detection, Intercom system)
• Preparation of engineering deliverables which includes specification, design basis, data sheets, materials take off, engineering drawings.
• Electrical Software application which include Power System Analysis Software (ETAP 12.6), Lighting System Software (DIALux evo), Lightning Protection System (Strike Risk 4.0) and Autodesk 2016.
• Tendering and Estimation.
• Familiar with International Standards & Codes which include IEC, NEC, CIBSE, NEMA, ANSI, WIMES, QCS, KAHRAMAA Regulations, QCDD Regulations, MOI, MOE regulations, Qatar Drainage Design Manual etc.
• Electrical Hazardous Area classification requirements and selection of electrical equipment as per IEC Ex and NFPA standards.
• Marine Water Quality Sampling and Analysis using Water Quality Sondes & Sensors (YSI, Hydro lab)
• Basic knowledge of Mechanical equipment’s (Pumps, Odor Control Unit (OCU), Mechanical Screen, Penstock, Valves, Stop logs etc.), Instruments & Control Systems.
— Jul 2014
Preparing power system design reports (such as Intelligent One-Line Diagram, Cable Ampacity and sizing, Load Flow Analysis, Short Circuit Analysis, Arc Flash Analysis, Transient Analysis, Switching Sequence Management, Harmonic Analysis) using ETAP software, lighting design reports using DIALux Lighting Software.
Preparation of electrical shop drawings, method statements and material submittals in conformance with applicable codes and engineering standards (QCS, QGEWC (Kahramaa), IEC, NFPA etc.) along with good engineering practices.
Engineering meetings with client/consultant for clarifications, submissions & approvals.
Analyze and select the most appropriate suppliers and subcontractors, prepare cost comparative study report to get final selection of supplier/subcontractor & price.
Material Take off, Procurement and organizing materials (MR/PO), equipment’s & personnel for carrying out electrical installation/construction on schedule.
Responsible for instructing Site Team to carry out Quality Assured work at site.
Preparation of O&M Manuals and as built drawings.
— Apr 2015
Maintain communications with technical & non-technical teams at various levels to successfully monitor progress of the productions.
Maintains and prepares weekly progress reports, drawings and documentation records.