ACCA Financial Controller
Last Updated: 28th May 2019 (over 3 years ago)
— Jun 2014
Msc Project Management
— Oct 2010
BEng Electrical Engineering
— Jun 2009
• Efficient handling of monthly Financial Statements ensuring the reports are provided in a timely manner and in accordance to accounting standards.
• Assisted in effective financial decision-making by preparing ad hoc business performance analysis for the Business Directors.
• Enhanced internal financial control process by implementing Group’s standard operating policies and procedures and assisting other heads of departments to gain understanding of the financial control processes.
• Ensured commercial success of the business is secured by providing competitive pricing models which considered cross market competition while guarantying profitability by accurately calculating all applicable costs.
• Managed team of three finance assistants who succeeded in accurate recording of journal entries and timely provision of various reports including payroll, inventory valuations.
Slashed operating expenses through effective budget management in all contracts which improved financial performance of the business as a whole.
Reduced financial cost by evaluating all cost elements for efficient decision.
Actively participated in business development by providing cost-effective pricing for new opportunities and increased generated profit
— Jun 2016
• Ensured accurate accounting of intercompany transactions between UK entities
• Coordinated and managed UK entities ERP implementation
• Preparation of consolidation financial statements for UK business entities.
Slashed discrepancies through accurate accounting and reconciliation of balance sheet on monthly basis