Hands on Manufacturer and Production Manager
Last Updated: 11th June 2020 (over 2 years ago)
Grade 12 Certificate
— Dec 1995
— Jan 2020
• Managed and maintained all existing clients and relationships.
• Prospected new business and constantly searched for new clients.
• Managed and procured all materials.
• Compiled very detailed estimates for new projects, including the estimation of materials, labour, equipment and buyouts.
• Reviewed drawings, specifications and other documentation provided by customers.
• Worked alongside the manufacturing operations team to improve processes.
• Fabricated, constructed and enhanced mezzanine floors.
• Represented the company at trade exhibitions, events and conferences.
• Assisted with projects as and where necessary.
• Produced documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
• Liaised with all clients, suppliers and other staff.
• Assisted employees with setups, methods and procedures, by passing on verbal and written information and answering questions.
• Operated one or more machines to work metal pieces to desired specifications.
• General Machinist's setup, operate and adjust numerous types of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) single and multiple tool machining centres.
• Proven project and design management ability with a large portfolio of successful and timely outcomes.
• Continuously staying current working with manufacturing support on processes and equipment changes and upgrades.
• Trained and supervised staff with welding techniques.
• Worked with other supervisors and management to ensure that the necessary departments have correct parts to build and fulfil production orders.
• Ensured all lean manufacturing procedures are continuously followed along with all health and safety and housekeeping.