Electrical Engineer- Control Systems & Process Instrumentation
Last Updated: 27th October 2017 (over 5 years ago)
Bachelor of Commerce- Economics & Management
BTECH Electrical Engineering
— Dec 2014
National Diploma Electrical Engineering
— Dec 2010
— Feb 2017
· Aveng ACS is the South African LBP (Local Business Partner) for Emerson Process Management. The company supplies, provides services, and runs projects for control systems, instrumentation, analyzers, and control valves. Products families include: DeltaV; Rosemount; Fisher; Micro Motion; DET-Tronics; and Daniel (custody transfer).
· Sales pursuits and proposals support for the DeltaV DCS.
· Develop and implement sales strategies in accordance with the SPI (Sales Process Implementation) method.
· Presentations and demonstrations to customers.
· To seek out and engage with potential new customers, as well as maintain current relationships.
— Feb 2016
· Development of process automation software and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems with Step7, PCS7, TIA (Totally Integrated Automation) Portal, WinCC, and WinCC Flex.
· Carrying out FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and commissioning of above software.
· Performing on-site training after commissioning.
PROJECTS (All include software in accordance with IEC 61131-3 & S88, graphics, FAT, and commissioning)
· Overland and underground conveyor belt systems for coal colliery material handling. Using S7-300 and Adroit SCADA.
· Platinum concentrator plant with PCS7. This was for the replacement of an older Allen Bradley system, which involved reverse engineering.
· Load sharing Robicon Perfect Harmony drive application. Using S7-400H system and TP1900 HMI (Human-Machine Interface) panels. Commissioning not done at that stage.
· Platinum mining filter press and clarification process. Using Step7 and WinCC.
· S7 Programming: ST-7PRO1/ST-7PRO2/ST-7PRO3 (Siemens Certified Programmer)
· PCS7 systems course: ST-PCS7SYS
· WinCC: ST-WINCC
· Service & Maintenance: ST-SERV1
· Industrial Networks: SCT-S7NETSIA
— Aug 2013
· Support and service of 8 DeltaV sites in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal.
· Implementation of control strategies, configuring I/O (Inputs/Outputs), creating graphics, programming CFC’s (Continuous Function Chart) and SFC’s (Sequential Function Chart).
· DeltaV software version upgrades. This process involves performing a full “mock upgrade” off-site, to ensure the quickest and most efficient on-site upgrade.
· Configuration of new PC’s for use with DeltaV, including Server and Desktop class’s.
· Migrations form Provox to DeltaV, configuration of OPC (Object Linking and Embedding for Process Control) and HDL (Highway data Links).
PROJECTS (All include DeltaV software in accordance with IEC 61131-3 & S88, graphics, FAT, and commissioning)
· Batch system for two chemical reactors (junior role)
· Resin plant expansion
· Alcohol distillation plant
· Reactor temperature and pressure controls
· Modbus serial integration between a Turbine vibration monitoring system and DeltaV
· Operate implementation: 7009
· Hardware & Troubleshooting: 7018
· SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems): 7305
· Dell server and workstation fault finding