Last Updated: 23rd February 2018 (over 4 years ago)
As a team we Planned, Executed, Monitor & Controlled and Closed out multiple Mega projects. These projects ranged from conceptual and study phases through execution within the NEC3 and FIDIC frameworks of contracts.
I Provided Planning services to clients within the Engineering, Fabrication, Construction, Mining and Energy/Power sectors. Creating and maintaining of Project schedules. Including of Sub-Contractors schedules. Creating and maintaining of Project dashboards and generating of S-curves. Project reports including of daily diaries and progress tracking sheets. Planning of multiple projects and their activities including deliverable identification, work breakdown structure (WBS) creation, Resource and duration calculation and estimation, contract closure and client approvals.
Working within a team you always learn a lot, you learn discipline, control, communication and most important respect for others. You also broaden your knowledge due to, not only doing your project responsibilities but you also get to learn more about the industry you work in and “how what works and who does what”.
My best personal attributes to the planning industry includes, but is not limited to a logical approach to achieve task and objectives, use initiation to develop solutions to problems, able to build and implement plans, excellent interpersonal skills, good communicator, a leader that has integrity, results driven, strong planning, organising and monitoring abilities as well as efficient time management.
Microsoft Projects Certifcation
— Jun 2012
— Dec 2007
Project Planner / Manager
— Dec 2017
• Compiling of project charters, PEP (Project Execution Plan) and Closeouts.
• Create the project schedule in line with the charter, milestones and deliverables. (baseline & work loaded)
• Compile a Project Execution Plan (PEP)
• Compile a cash flow that runs in accordance with the schedule
• Attend meetings at all levels to gather information on the project and get progress to update the schedule
• Maintaining of schedule and cash flow
• Reporting on a daily bases to Project Manager with reports consisting of daily diaries, s-curves, tracking sheet and updated of schedules.
• Creating of dashboards. (per project and overall consolidated)
• Compiling of project close out reports and supporting documents to close-out the project.
• Projects ranging from surface projects, underground projects, infrastructures, development, Capex & Opex projects.
Goldfields is a mine situated in Westonaria Gauteng. It is considered as the deepest vertical shaft sink mine with a life time till 2095. To keep a mine’s lifetime there will be Business Improvements (BI) and maintaining to be done. Each year the BI team come together and discuss and create projects for the following year to come in best ways to make the mine improve their mining skills and develop world class mining strategies and to mine safe. Currently actively tracking 22 projects (See attached project list).
— Jan 2016
• Responsibilities also included creating of schedule (Primavera P6 8.3.2) and reporting structure.
• Personnel reporting to me Junior Planner, QC administrators, Procurement officer, fabrication workshop supervisors and Sub-contractors.
• Base lining project.
• Maintaining a balanced workflow process through the workshop for delivery to scheduled timelines.
• Resource loading into schedule, creating of calendars (Sub-contractors and workshop)
• Attending meetings on all levels.
• Reporting on a daily bases to Workshop Manager and Project Manager with reports consisting of daily diaries, s-curves, tracking sheet and updated P6 schedule.
• Project coordinating from Kusile fabrication workshop to Site delivery for installation.
Kusile Fabrication workshop is responsible for fabrication of Boiler ducting. Hitachi Power, was the client to report to. Work is planned on a site installation date and to meet required KPI for the month. Contract value of the project is +- 1 Billion Rand.
— Sep 2015
• Responsibilities also included planning and creating of schedules.
• Base lining projects.
• Update progress, rescheduling, maintaining and controlling resource hours.
• Creating of Calendars and incorporate into the master schedule.
• Resource loading into schedule.
• Attending meetings on all levels.
• Reporting on a weekly / monthly basis. Reports consist out of ‘look a heads’, s-curves, dash boards, baseline vs. actual and forecasting.
This is a newly built mine. DRA is the main contractor on site and EnI Electrical is responsible for the supply and install construction on all electrical and Instrumentation for the project, the project is a +- USD9 million project.