condtruction management\supervision\ QC\site representative
Last Updated: 3rd January 2018 (over 5 years ago)
30 years of Canadian national and international (China & Kyrgyzstan & Middle-East) construction-engineering experience has exposed me to a variety of energy, mining, industrial, civil, oil and gas, structural, environmental, municipal infrastructure, transportation, architectural, recreation-golf courses projects, and with execution from the contractor, owner, and consultant\engineers perspectives. Management of workforce levels include; +50-direct and +200-indirect.
I have performed multi-task roles on the project sites including; project and construction manager, resident engineer, project coordinator, client-engineering-site administration representative, site construction supervisor-superintendent, construction inspector, engineering\construction\mine layout\seismic surveyor and survey supervisor, materials-manpower procurement and scheduling, estimating and progress quantities and quality surveys, trade skills-workplace-safety trainer, and heavy construction equipment -refinery process equipment-materials handling and conveyor install\operation.
My experience includes civil, civil-structural, and mechanical\piping project work i utilities, U\G and tower high voltage power transmission\ switchgear\substations \power generation, telecommunications, solar panel voltaics and remote site power, airport works, seismic line and blasting surveys, environmental contaminated waste site remediation (cyanides and hydrocarbons), geo-textile and HDPE poly liners, fuel storage facilities.
QA\QC Management system work includes; system review and monitoring, review\comments of construction drawings and work plans\ field tests and inspections I have worked with 3rd parties performing ND testing
Large site energy, mining, and industrial facilities construction include; Kumtor Gold Mine and Refinery, Hope Bay Gold Mine, Detour Lake Gold Mine, Key Lake Uranium Refinery, Lanigan Potash Refinery, Tabas Coal Mine Project, Kearl Oil Sands Project, CNRL Horizon Oil Expansion, Makesses Oil Refinery and Cogeneration facility, Husky Oil Upgrader Refinery, Shell Corridor pipeline valve control stations, Soldiers Pond 230Kv- Hvdc to Hvac Synchronous Condenser Facility-ST Johns, NL, Meadow Lake Pulp Mill, Tristar Clay Brick Manufacturing. (see attached projects work list),
Large commercial work includes; Shanghai Links Executive Community and Golf Course, Enhance Golf Clubhouse and Hotel project-Shanghai, and Metro Asia Headquarters Office Building in Shanghai. (see attached projects worked list).
Large Infrastructure\environmental projects include: various MTO projects, Shanghai Links Executive Community and Golf Course, Hall Farms 500 lot subdivision development, Rankin inlet – Cominco mine- cyanide Tailings remediation work, Rankin Inlet- Fuel Tank Farm Expansion and New community and Military fuel dispensing facilities. (see attached projects worked list)
— May 1990
introduction course was completed
Applied Science Technologist-Civil- certification and registry
— Feb 1986
Civil Engineering Technology-Technologist- 3yr ogram plus work cooperative
— Dec 1977
Site Construction Quality Representative
— Sep 2016
Sept. 2015 to September 21, 2016- My scope of work completed
Lower Churchill Project-Synchronous Condenser Facility (230KV Hvdc to Hvac conversion) at Soldiers Pond near ST. Johns, NL
Site Construction Quality Representative
• Daily monitoring and inspection of construction activities including; foundations, structures, concrete, steel erection, cladding, interior fit-out, piping\HVAC\electrical, earth works, utilities, earth grounding grid and cathodic welding, concrete encased\non-encased electrical conduit ducts and chambers, equipment installation (transformers, etc.). Waste water\oil\contaminates separation, potable water supply and well installations.
• Site inspections\Monitoring\Resolve site construction issues and liaison between KGS engineering in Winnipeg and site managers\ contractors\subcontractors. Review of ITPs and construction methodologies, provide input to contract work claims when requested. Review\comment\resolve\forward to KGS- RFIs” from contractor, Issue non-conformance\deficiency notice to contractor.
Owners work site representative
— Mar 2015
Kearl Oil Sands Project in Alberta.
Owners Work Site Representative (OWSR) with “Production Projects Group” – Night Shift- 4 months
• Coordinate work fronts, Issue\monitor work site permits, Champion safety, inspect, monitor, witness daily construction and safety activities of contractors for works n;
• Site earthworks construction including; ponds, road works, pads, drainage, and CODA area and roadway forest clearing\log haul, bridge structure hoarding\winter heating and concrete cure
— Jan 2014
Night Shift Contract completed- night shift operations were discontinued for winter start 2014
• Coordinate, inspect, monitor, witness daily construction and safety activities of contractors for construction of; Flotation, Thickeners, Process Water Storage, 2-Primary Separation Units.
• Issue\revoke nightly work permits, monitor site construction activities(both new construction and live plant areas)-structural concrete and steel, buried services and earthworks, champion site safety, monitor JHAs major and minor, gas monitoring on restricted and confined space sites, attend\contribute to contractor’s safety meetings and pre-start exercises and stretches
Construction superintendent-civil coordinator
— Oct 2014
Kearl Oil Sands Project in Alberta.
Construction Superintendent-Civil Coordinator – Night Shift-38 months, Day shift- 13months
• Coordinate, inspect, monitor, witness daily construction and safety activities of contractors for works in;
• Mine Maintenance and Service Facilities Buildings construction, 6 buildings in total.
• Deep Underground-Buried Services in main process facility (includes both buried process piping and facility infrastructure piping and services).- Trains #1 thru #6 , also hydro transport
• Site earthworks construction including; dykes, ponds, road works, pads, drainage, initial open cut of pit, structural concrete and steel
managing building material sourcing and QA\QC for sandvik maufacture of mine conveyer system
— Jul 2009
January 2009 to July 2009. Project Manager.
Sourcing building construction materials in China, creating supplier database
Contract- Site representative for Sandvik Industries Canada June\July 2009
• QA|QC for China manufactured conveyor system for a Rio Tinto mine project in Mongolia. Performed and witnessed various visual\mechanical\dimensional tests on metal components from FMC facility and rubber composite belting from Goodyear Rubber facility. Reviewed and resolved manufacturing issues. Reviewed and finalized product packaging and handing procedures.
— Dec 2008
• Direct\assist construction trade forces• Ensure workers follow safety procedures and training
• Ensure Owner owned equipment is fully certified for use and arrange for qualified service technicians
• Attend daily construction meetings and participate in site training programs
• Inspection construction works and ensure Contractors submit as-constructed data, testing and QC information
• Assist Engineering Design with submission of site information.
• Submit daily progress\site issue report to Project and Construction Managers.
• Resolve site construction issues and problems
owners construction Manager-director
— Jun 2006
Owner’s Project Construction Manager-Director for completion of on-going construction for 8000m2- 5 star Golf Clubhouse and, in design stage- 40,000m2 5-Star hotel and service apartments, (Hyatt Hotels- lease ).
Coordinate activities for; monitoring daily construction and safety activities and fit-out for clubhouse, design teams and requirements of hotel operator (Hyatt), scheduling for proposed hotel construction, budget, costs, tendering considerations. Review Contractor work schedules.
• Liaison with design company, architect, owner, government departments, tender company, general contractor, hotel operator (HYATT Hotels).
• Completed Club house structure and Fit-Out and Hotel preliminary design review and acceptance with Architect (Grover Dear- Hong Kong) on behalf of Owner completed.
• Liaison with and monitor Chinese Inspection Company
• Attend\chair weekly construction meeting and meetings with Architect and Hotel Operator. Attend Owner’s weekly executive meeting, submit reports to Vice President
Project $70M.NOTE: Hotel project financing delayed. Returned to Iran project
Civil constructionsite engineer
— Nov 2007
• Monitor\report daily and (executive report-surface site works portion )monthly construction and site safety activities of design-build contractor
• Review-resolve non-conformance construction and site safety issues with contractor’s management and field staff
• Review Contractor construction Methodology statements
• Complete Non- conformance reports\photos and carry-out site and final inspections and reports(punch lists-deficiencies) and handovers to Owner
• Review design drawings, construction schedules
• Review monthly progress quantities and ensure that they are properly reviewed by Owner’s site Engineers
Construction Consultant providing ownerproject\construction management
— Dec 2004
Construction Consultant providing Owner with project\ construction management- supervision, facilities management of new office-commercial building (5 levels- reinforced concrete-12000 m2), old facilities renovations (3800m2), exterior grounds construction (9000m2). Project costs + $15.0M.
• Working with Owner’s managers and support staff to completed tendering for sub-trade\materials supply and installation.
• I coordinated –completed design institute drawing reviews and acceptance for further approvals by company directors.
• I participated with completion\negotiation of final review and acceptance for General Contractor selection and I prepared contract document.
• I prepared initial Construction schedule for General Contractor to plan their work
• Attend weekly project meeting chaired by the Project Director
• Monitor daily Construction progress and safety procedures. Submit daily reports to Director
• Review- Resolve site construction and safety issues
• Attend\Chair weekly construction meetings and review “3 week” construction schedules
• Liaison with and monitor of Chinese Inspection Company
• I carried out final inspection and report(punch list) for acceptance by Owner