MECHANICAL ENGINEER WITH 2.7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN OIL & GAS
Last Updated: 30th May 2017 (over 5 years ago)
- Oil and Gas Projects
- All aspects of procurement
- Project Coordination
Presently associated with Alderley FZE, as Junior Procurement Engineer
-Instrumental in project procurement ensuring proper execution.
-Skilled in identifying and developing potential vendors.
-Proficient in making technical and commercial bid analysis.
-Hands-on experience in achieving reduction in terms of procurement cost.
-An effective communicator & negotiator with strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
CERTIFIED PURCHASING PROFESSIONAL AND MANAGER(CPP/CPPM)
— Sep 2016
BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
— Jun 2013
JUNIOR PROCUREMENT ENGINEER
- Review of Material Requisition for completeness of information
- Compiling of Bid packages and issue Request for Quotation (RFQ) to the approved bidders
- Receiving of bids and preparation of commercial bid summary to arrive at a procurement strategy
- Conduct price and commercial negotiation to optimize the purchases within the budgeted amount
- Short listing vendors and securing approvals in accordance with procurement procedure and to award the purchase order / Sub Contract Agreements.
- Follow up suppliers to obtain Order Acceptance, Submission of Engineering and quality documents like ITP, WPS and drawings to be submitted to the Engineering department for approval.
- Expedite the Engineering Department for the timely review, approval and return of engineering data/drawings submitted by Suppliers in order to initiate the manufacturing process.
- Evaluate Production schedules and Progress report from the Suppliers for determining that the delivery schedule is in line with the Project requirements and prepare status report.
- Monitoring and coordinating delivery schedule shipment from the supplier to the ultimate destinations.
- Co-ordinate Customs clearance of all materials and arrange for duty exemption where applicable.
- Arrange for transport of materials to site.
- Certification of bills, payment and back charges and LC coordination with Finance.
- Procurement Final Documentation as per Project requirement to be submitted to the client.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Controls Policies and Procedures related to procurement and ensure that procurement Policies and Procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to within the project.
- Ensure that Procurement processes comply with internal standards and, where there are deviations, these are adequately validated.
- Safeguard the assets of the project and minimize malpractice.
- Issue Project Procurement Status Reports to Project Management highlighting the areas of concern.
- Material management Checking the availability of materials required for fabrication in accordance with the IFC drawings
- Checking and issuing instruments for calibration
- Receiving quotations for Calibration and Certification of Instruments from Suppliers
- Following up and maintaining Calibration Certificates