Last Updated: 22nd November 2017 (over 4 years ago)
• Previously worked with Tecnicas Reunidas (Saudi Aramco JIGCC Utilities & Common Area Package -5 Project) as QC Welding Superintendent (Saudi Aramco Approved QC Welding Superviosr).
• Worked for very well reputed international oil and gas companies like RASGAS, CHEVRON, ADNOC, ZADCO, BOROUGE, ARAMCO and SABIC as Deputy QC Lead, Welding & NDE Specialist, Welding Engineer, Inspection Engineer, Sr. Inspector & Plant Inspector
• Abilities in working in close coordination in work groups; for conducting review and approval of quality plans and detailing on quality requirements and finalizing the quality plan
• Demonstrated excellence in performing inspection of welds, NDT, weld repair of piping, spheres, Storage tanks, Cryogenic tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boilers, heaters, reactors, equipment in fabrication and welding line
• Track record of preparing WPS, PQR and conducting welder qualification tests
Diploma In Mechanical Engineering
— Jan 1986
QC WELDING SUPERVISOR
— Oct 2016
• Participated in Project Quality Meetings, Kick off meetings and expediting meeting with subcontractor to ensure quality objectives are addressed.
• Reviewed Vendors/ Sub Vendors Prequalification Document and their quality submittals such as Quality Manual, Procedures, Inspection Test Plan etc.
• Review and approve WPS, PQR & NDE Procedures.
• Assign Inspectors according to the Project requirements to satisfy inspection needs and to meet schedule requirements.
• Ensured all inspection personnel meet established client company and project safety, qualification, proficiency requirements.
• Attended Construction Coordination meeting and QC meeting with all Mechanical Subcontractors.
• Attended Weekly Meeting with company and provide weekly and cumulative statistics for weld repair percentage and welder performance.
• Review RFI Log, evaluate Company Log book entries against Project specification, reply in QMIS accordingly and attend Log book entry meeting with Company.
• Review/approve technical queries, participates in investigations to resolve quality issues, conducting root cause analysis recommending corrective actions and ensuring they are effectively executed.
• Review/monitor non-conformance reports, advise/verify corrective action.
• Lead and audit subcontractors work and follow up the implementation of audit finding.
• Conducted Quality Workshop, Training to Inspectors and focus assessment.
• Closely Monitored Weld Repair Percentage and prepare mitigation plan based on type of defects caused for rejection.
• Monitored welder performance, recognize good welders to motivate their skill and provide training to those welders whose performance is required to be improved.
• Provided guidance as required for the high integrity welding such as Duplex, Super Duplex, SA335 Gr. P91 and non-ferrous materials used.
• Liaised with sub-contractor QC team and closely monitor about backlog of all NDT works, PWHT, Hardness Test and PMI to avoid any delay during construction.