Experienced Biology/Science Teacher
Last Updated: 18th June 2019 (over 3 years ago)
Postgraduate Certificate in Education
— Dec 2013
Bachelor of Science
— Dec 2011
• Modules: Math & Stats, MBS (Project Management & Research Methodology), Computer Literacy.
Biology and English Teacher
— Feb 2019
• Created lesson plans in accordance with curriculum to ensure a rigid effective learning experience for learners with maximum progress.
• Supported and motivated learners to use educational technology (e-learning). This increased engagement in classroom, motivated learners to research and learn while away from school and therefore learners’ performances improved.
• Practical activities encouraged learners to make their own hypotheses and then to test these and draw their own conclusion.
• Administrative duties: assessment settings, marking, recording marks & writing progressive reports - learners’ performances are monitored and necessary intervention is put in place when necessary.
• Improved exam results and Achieved above 80% pass rate (Biology grade 12).
• Volunteered to coach school’s football team which won us 2 inter-school championships
Senior Science Tutor
— Dec 2017
• Created easy to study tools for students - this encouraged many students to performance better.
• Practical activities and educational technology improved student engagement and participation.
• Students achieved excellent results and the school target goal met (pass rate of 60% and above).
Teaching and Learning Development Officer
— Dec 2016
• Motivated and trained teachers and learners to use technology (e-learning).
• Contributed in curriculum development and subject advising - data analysis and report writing.
Biology and Science Teacher
— Dec 2015
• Introduced ground rules (strict but fair) to maintain discipline in classroom at all times.
• Lessons planning that match the curriculum to ensure effective learning and progress.
• Science results improved by 30% (from 50% to above 80%).