Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Last Updated: 21st January 2019 (over 4 years ago)
Batchelor's in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
— Jun 2005
Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
— May 2001
— Oct 2018
• Installation of cable trays, conduit, supports, junction Box, marshaling, ESD, DCS, MMS, CCTVcabinets and PDBPanels.
• Termination of field instruments, junction box and inside PDB’s Cabinet.
• Calibration, loop checking, pre-commissioning and commissioning of conventional foundation field bus system.
• Reviewing of MTO by comparing Engineering Diagrams and P&ID’s.
• Attending of weekly Management meeting with clients and weekly E&I Discipline Meetings.
• Supervision of Field Electrical,Instrument Installations. Building and Plant F&G system, CCTV and Intrusion detection system. Random inspections of Calibration of Field and skid mounted instruments.
• Preparation and conducting of JSA’s meeting with PMC and Company Representatives of different disciplines of Operations, Instrument and Electricals prior to start Power On/SAT, Loop-Checking and Changeover etc.
• Conducting Tool box talks prior to start the activity.
• Directly supervised Loop integrity checks and commissioning and changeover activities in Live Plant without disturbing the Running process plant.
• Joined the Project during Construction phase and Involved in Site Walk downs with Client
• Making sure that the activities has been carried out according to HSE plan and project schedule.
— Feb 2015
• Safety and operational review of Electrical and instrument system.
• Attending Factory inspection for Switchgear, Transformers, Cables, Busducts.
• Participate in Project Progress review meetings and Technical Debottlenecking, Supporting Startup and Commissioning & Project Close out.
• Conversant with Industry codes and standards such as IS,IEC,IEEE, NEMA,BS,ANSI & API
• Can Interpret Process & Instrumentation Diagrams.
• Installation, Testing & Pre-Commissioning of 132 KV GIS Substation (utility) ,33 /11KV Transformers,HV & LV Switchgears, HT & LT motors, UPS,DG sets, grounding, Lighting and lightning protection, hazardous area equipment’s.
• Responsible for resolving all the engineering / design Restraints in the electrical construction work.
• Knowledge on HT & LT cables installation & termination system.
• Involve in Precommissioning and the Loop Checking for the actuators, level gauges, level transmitters, gas detectors, fire detectors, hydraulic pumps, flow meters, Flushing, pressure testing, calibration & loop checking.
• Assist to Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage electrical engineering issues or construction activities for the project
• Provide technical support, including participation in planning and design, interpretation of
Design, project reviews, etc., including coordinating of other services.
• Assist project controls in assembly of work packages and provisions of engineering Documents
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design
And equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Prepare specifications for procurement of project materials and equipment.
• Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
• Investigate and test vendors' and competitors' products.
• Oversee project execution to assure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within Budget.
— Jan 2012
• Supervision of all Instrumentation activities viz. Calibration, Tubing, Cable Laying, Instrument Hook up etc. Calibration & installation of Pressure Gauges, Pressure Transmitters, Multivariable Flow Transmitters, Flow Control Valve including solenoid valve, limit switches, I/P converters etc, Loop checking of Hoked up instruments with existing DCS
• Projects are performed in accordance with the terms and conditions in the relevant contract documents.
• Planning and Scheduling of jobs and resources.
• Adequate guidance and leadership are provided to the design / construction and planning personnel in the development of the project plan.
• Ensure International safety standards throughout.
• Fully familiar with all standards code regulations and practice applicable to the design and construction of onshore facilities e.g. API, ASME, ANSI, ISA etc.
• Coordination with clients, vendors and sub-contractors to effectively implement entire
Electrical & Instrumentation activities.
• Weekly and monthly reports generation and analysis as per ISO and IEC.
• Preparation of as built drawings and approval from clients.
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer.
— Dec 2009
• Laying & termination of HV, MV & LV under ground cables from H-Pole to RMU, RMU to Transformer, Transformer to MDB and MDB to well head facilities.
• Testing & Commissioning of RMU, Transformer, MDB, Cables and all the facilities in oil well head.Installation & Commissioning of Temporary Sacrificial anode Cathodic protection system.
• Installation & Commissioning of Electrical Heat tracing & Insulation system.
• Installation & Commissioning of Micromotion Net Oil Computer and Chemical Injection Skids.
• Preparing the progress reports & monitoring of progress as per schedule.
• Preparing & maintaining field QA/QC documents.
• Preparing final documentation for all Electrical works.
• Preparation cables block Diagrams & cable schedule.
• Preparation Instrument Equipment layout.
• Preparation of cable tray routing and termination diagrams.
• Preparation of Hook-up Drawings.
• Preparation of Junction Box termination Details, Interconnection Drawings and Loop drawings, Preparation of MTO for instruments and instrument index
Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer.
— Oct 2008
• Branch Panel Board (110V & 220V,440V,1 PHASE & 3 PHASE),
• Main Distribution Panel, Manual Transfer Switches.
• Oil Type Transformer (33KV/11 KV, 3 PHASE)
• Installation & Commissioning of 11KV,3.3KV, 433Volt MCC Panel, 60KVA Inverter, Emergency DG Panel, 140KW Dummy Load Bank & Instrument Interface Relay Panel.
• Installation of Electrical, Instrumentation & Power Limited Cable Trays and Cable Ladder.
• Installation of Power, control, Instrument Cable Laying, Cable Pulling as Per Schedule Measurements.
Installation & Commissioning of Instrument Facilities Such as;
• Control Valves, Indicators, Instrument Panels and Alarms, Measuring equipments and Pneumatic Tubing and Fiber optic Ring Network Loop System.
• Installation of Patch Cabinets,FOCS System Cabinet,ICS (DCS,ESD,FGS) For control room
• Installation of Analyzer Instruments such as Fire Detection Points, Gas Detection Points, LOCAL CALL Points,FALSHING LIGHT, Audible Device, Corrosion Transmittal, PIG Detector and Heat Detector Points.
• Installation of Instrument Cables, Junction Boxes & Local Panels.
• Installation of Field Instruments Like Pneumatic ESDV Valves, Control Valves, Motor Operated Valve (MOV),Analyzer Transmitter, PIG Indicator, Local Level Indicator, Transmitter (TYP “A”,TYP ”B”),Hc(COMBUSTIBLE) Hydrocarbon Gas Detector,H2S (TOXIC) Gas Detector, Smoke Detector, Manual Call Point, Fire & Gas Flame Detector, Actuated Valve, Safety Valve, Switches, Pump Toxic Gas Detector, Pump Leat Detector, Pressure Indicating Transmitter, Temperature Indicator & Level Indicating Transmitter
— Jul 2006
• 11/6.6KV Substation Installation & commissioning for HGU & HCU plant.
• Transformer Erection (2MVA-32 MVA), Testing & Commissioning.
• HT & LT Cable laying & Termination.
• Hi Pot testing of Cable, Bus bar, & Duct
• Earthing installation of over all plant.
• Installation of Light fixture Testing & commissioning.
• Motor Testing & commissioning.
• FA,PA/GA & Telephone System installation & Commissioning.
• Arrangement of construction power supply.