Project Controls and Planning Specialist
Last Updated: 11th November 2018 (over 4 years ago)
• Planning & Schedule Management of Mega Capex Projects using P6
• Implementation of strict Progress Measurement System and Schedule Control in Line with Corporate Planning & Project Control Procedures.
• Monitoring of Company Project Baseline Plans & Key Milestones from L-1 to L-3 using MOPO and SIMOPS Planning and Contractor’s progress review in L-4
• Development of Offshore Schedule What if Scenarios & Review the Progress and Performance of Contracts for key Decision-making.at Corporate level.
• Perform Probabilistic Schedule Risk Analysis using Primavera Risk Analysis using Duration ranges, discrete risks and trends
• Project Control, Capex Budgeting, Phasing, Commitment, VOWD Analysis and Management Reporting.
• Certified and expert user of Project Management Software: P6, Primavera Risk Analysis, Milestone Professional, MS Project,
• Team player with strong written and verbal communication skills and a thinking partner to Project Manager and LT members.
• Experienced in working within diversified workforce (multi-cultural/multi-nationalities) and while being fully hands on still able to influence and motivate and deliver through others.
— Jun 2015
Intermediate (Grade XI and XII): 1982 -1984
Higher Education Degree in Mechanical Engineering: 1985 -1989
• Planning and Scheduling Course - Mar 2006 with CMCS
• Advanced Project Management Training – Jul 2006 with CMCS
• Project Management Course – Aug 2007 in Sultan Qaboos University
• Integrated Activity Planning Training – Oct 2007 jointly by Shell and Petroleum Development Oman
• Essentials of Project Management – Jan 2010 by Shell Project Academy through a Joint Management Program on behalf of University of Texas Austin, Canfield School of Management, Queensland University of Technology, Delft University of Technology
• Member of Society of Petroleum Engineers
• Shell Project Academy accreditation for GPES L-1 in Project Planning and Scheduling (2012)
• Shell Project Academy accreditation for GPES L-2 in Project Planning and Scheduling (2015)
Team Lead Project Controls and Planning
Established time span of project execution as per project specifics; updating the Shell Management on progress and status of project; managed company overall L1 and L-3 Plans using MOPO and SIMOPS planning & key milestones and reviewed Contractor’s L-4 schedule forecasts/look ahead, contract performance and shortfall analysis.
Performed Probabilistic Schedule Risk Analysis using Primavera Risk Analysis; developed, maintained, updated and Shell planning standards, guides and code of practices
Managing Shell planning systems through various existing global process, ongoing initiatives and implemented best practices across projects; providing requisite functional support in many capital projects and assets through global support with problem analysis and early resolution
Prepared company master schedules for all projects including resource schedules, execution methodologies, milestones, cash flow projections / Capex budgeting, Cost Phasing, VOWD analysis, progress measurement and periodic monitoring
Prioritizing & executing activities from detailed engineering stage to construction and commissioning stages to ensure completion of projects within the time and cost parameters
Monitoring quality systems & compliance with preset standards; troubleshooting and maintaining requisite documents to ensure complete in-process quality & improvement in process capabilities
Coordinating with Consultant Engineers, Relevant Departments, Senior Site Engineers and Managers for daily work progress; obtaining necessary approvals for the projects
Upstream Planning Lead - Prelude FLNG Project
— Sep 2016
Employing Company: Shell Global Solutions Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (July 2010 to June 2015)
Managed Project Budget: US $ 4.0 Billion
Role:- Planning Focal Point in Prelude Upstream and in Offshore Co-ordination Team with a defined role to develop, monitor & control the EXECUTE phase L-3, L-1 Integrated Plans covering Subsea Hardware Manufacturing and Delivery, drilling of 7 Wells, and development of Onshore support base and Offshore Installation including offshore execution planning for Subsea 4 off x 3KM Flowline,8x PLETs, 8 x Buckle Triggers, 3 Manifolds, 4 x PFAPs, 7 off XT installations, Metrology, SDH and Jumper installation, FoC installations from Darwin to Port Hedland on sea bed, FLNG Mooring Pre-lay (16 Piles and 16 Chain installations), Riser and Umbilical installations and Upstream Pre- Comm and Comm. planning at L-3 and FLNG Mooring and Topside Pre commissioning and Commissioning until Project RFSU in L-2 and L-1.
Establish Project Planning and Progress Reporting systems in line with Shell’s Project Controls Standardization Program [PCSP] requirements and supervise a Planning team (Subsea, CSU, Hardware Delivery) and coordinate with company Logistic, IAP and iARP Planning Team.
• Prelude Upstream Planning Focal Point for managing the Planning, various Schedules and Progress Measurement System and progress reporting system of Prelude Upstream
• Project Services representative within Offshore Coordination Team (OCT) and developed and monitored the Prelude Integrated Offshore Schedule (IOS) L-III, L-I for offshore phase of Prelude project and Upstream Engg and Procurement L-3 Plans and supported Schedule Management of Changes (MoC),
• Developed Offshore Schedule Scenarios based on MOPO for the company to take critical decisions associated with offshore works.
• Developed Probabilistic Schedules for Risk Analysis, Assigned Critical discrete Schedule Risks, Trends and opportunities, duration ranges and Trends to Probabilistic Plans from Risk and Trend Registers and participated in annual Schedule Risk Analysis Workshops.
• Developed and managed the fit for purpose Progress Measurement System for Prelude Execute Phase Offshore activities.
• Analysis and development of the Schedule Performance reports and the Monthly Progress Report and monitoring the Key Milestones performance
• Review of Contractor’s schedule performance, Monthly Progress against plan in project Integrated Cost and Schedule focus Meetings, issue 90d Look ahead plans for company offshore interface meetings.
• Provided Planning Benchmarks and inputs for other Shell Projects within Asia-Pac (Concerto, Abadi, Browse)
• Supervised and reviewed the work of Planning Engineer(s) for Prelude Subsea, Upstream CSU, Hardware delivery scopes and developed Graduate Engineers and mentored them for future assignments in Planning roles.
• Shared the PMS with other projects such as Norway based Ormen Lange Future Compression Projects. Shared Planning Best Practices with the Functional Planning Engineers in Kuala Lumpur, Bangalore, Norway, Huston and Shared Regulatory approval process of NOPSEMA in Australia for other Shell Coded Projects
• Peer review of Pre FID readiness and Project Services deliverables for Shell Malampaya Project – Manila, Philippines