Chartered Civil engr from India with 34yrs of exp
Last Updated: 13th September 2017 (over 5 years ago)
I do possess the following attributes:-
Proven ability to lead a multi disciplinary construction team to achieve projected targets.
Over see all construction activities and ensure optimum resource utilization.
Prepare execution plans.
Review methods statements and procedures for construction.
Good knowledge of HSE/QA/ QC Matters.
With the kind of specific expertise I acquired during last 34yrs of hardcore services, in the field of Construction management, Project management, Design and detailed engineering, Business development & Administration, I am confident to extend the desired services to your esteemed organisation, beyond your expectation.
Recently on completion of my contract tenure, I got relieved from India's largest private sector, M/s Reliance Industries Limited at Jamnagar where I was working as Vice President-Construction and was responsible for executing large scale construction projects (both Green field as well as Brown field) at Jamnagar, Gujarat, India.
For your information, this was the 2nd time, I was called by Reliance Industries after a gap of nearly 6 yrs, I left them owing to have a better opportunity.
Looking forward to have an association with your client's esteemed organisation.
AMIE (Civil Engineering)
— Sep 1986
Licentiate in Civil Engineering
— Aug 1982
— Mar 2017
• Responsible for execution of brown field project (Syngas modification) at Jamnagar with in record time. This includes extensive modification (Civil & Structural) to the existing structure during shut down / non shut down period, prior to integrating with new facilities.
• Played crucial role in framing out tender documents, evaluating bid documents, selecting contractors post negotiation and overall management of contracts.
• Responsible for execution of the projects with minimum cost and time over run.
Senior Technical Advisor-Projects
— Sep 2014
• Responsible for checking the Civil and structural design of the vendors and extend necessary approval, prior to executing those works at site.
• Responsible for conducting audits both at site and at office, approving bills of the contractors post thorough checking.
• Responsible for controlling the budget to avoid cost and time over run in the projects.
— Sep 2012
• Responsible for driving the existing infrastructure projects apart from developing new business. The major project includes execution of two station & work shops of Jaipur Metro as awarded by DMRC.
• Used to translate broad goals in to achievable steps, anticipating problems and taking advantage of opportunities, as a self starter and a team player.
• Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required. .
• Was the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values in the group.
Vice President-Infrastructure & Industrial Projects
— Nov 2010
• Used to oversee the complete construction activities of the division in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans.
• Discuss with Group Companies to establish our execution priorities. Resource planning & execution were being done in accordance with the organizational mandate & mission.
• Execution of Wind turbine tower erection facilities, starting from Design validation, Procurement and construction and Erection & commissioning.
• Execution of LEED Certified green building corporate park (named as One Earth).
— Aug 2008
• Responsible for contract administration, project monitoring, solving post contract construction issues, consistent with company financial, quality and performance goals.
• Civil and structural design validation of the contractors which includes checking of the Civil & structural design incl STAAD files.
• Establish and maintain technical excellence, quality & HSE standards during Construction.
• Execution of Retail Infrastructure projects of (Both Green Field as well as Fit-out projects), on EPCM basis, starting from getting fully involved since design inception to commissioning.
Deputy General Manager
— May 2006
• Strategic planning, presentations, client development, client management, and management of the marketing team.
— Jun 1999
• Responsible preparing estimates, bills, extra claims and submitting those on time and following it up for an early release of payments.
• Developing good customer relations.
— Jul 1996
1. Project Management & Construction management of massive EPCM projects for the steel plant including its facilities like WTP (Water treatment plant), ETP (Effluent treatment plant) STP( Sewage treatment plant), Roads, Bridges, Retaining walls.
2. Structural Design & Detailed Engineering of Massive Industrial Buildings with EOT Cranes, Multi-storied RCC framed Buildings, Civil Foundations, WTP, STP & ETPS etc.
3. Inspection & TQM (Total quality management) of massive RCC structures, Structural Fabrication work including welding, NDTs & Erection works, Civil Construction works etc.
4. Civil Maintenance of Multi-storied Residential buildings, Roads, WTP etc..